turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gun Shooting Low

Started by wildturk, March 17, 2011, 08:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildturk

Beretta Xtrema with an indian creek choke shooting about a foot low at forty yards with factory bead.  What recommendations do you have?

bowhunter84

add a set of adjustable sights

jayslim

Really only 3 choices:

1) Aim a foot high
2) Adjustable sights (williams, red dot, holo, or scope)
3) Have gun smith look at it and possibly correct it

How long have you had the gun and has it just recently been shooting low?

mmusso

Quote from: bowhunter84 on March 17, 2011, 09:00:24 AM
add a set of adjustable sights

I would do this. My POI wsa off from my POA last year, so I added adjustable sights, and the problem is gone

1iagobblergetter

I had a similar problem and corrected it by trying numerous different choke and shell combinations. Once i found the right combo it shoots POA/POI.I didn't want to have to go with a scope or adjustable sights.

stinkpickle

trkehunr93

boyhowdy

try another choke - or different shells or both if you're like me and don't like adjustable sights, that IC may be shooting too tight anyway --

Beretta686

Add a 1/4 inch cheek-ez pad to the comb of your stock. It will raise your cheek on the stock. If you have the shims that came with the gun, remove the stock and change the shim. That will do the same thing.

There is nothing wrong with your gun. I had to add the pads to every Remington shotgun I own.

This is a link to a 1/16th. They come in different thicknesses. Spent a lot of time on a pattern board at the trap club getting the point of impact correct.

http://www.brownells.com/1/1/22045-1-16-cheekeeze.html
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

Basser69

wildturk

Thanks for all the suggestions, The gun is only a couple of months old.  I really do not want to go with sights or a scope.  I might have to though. All the shells i patterned it with shot low.

goblr77

Quote from: wildturk on March 17, 2011, 04:58:07 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, The gun is only a couple of months old.  I really do not want to go with sights or a scope.  I might have to though. All the shells i patterned it with shot low.

It might be the choke. I have an IC .665 that shoots low in mine as well. I have a Pure Gold buckshot choke and two Trulock turkey chokes that shoot to POA. Try a different choke before you put sights on that gun.

StruttinGobbler3

Had a similar problem a couple years ago. Threw a set of Truglo magnum gobble dot adjustable sights on it and fixed the problem. Also found out my aim is much more precise with these sights.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

OLE RASPY

I had the same problem on a 887 remington.My opinion there is no reason for this a shotgun shoudnt shoot 12inches low at 40 yards espacially brand new.But yeah adjustable sights will fix it.I got rid of mine that shot that low.

grousec

Since the gun is only a couple mons old, have you thought about calling mfg and telling them gun is shooting way to low.