OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

"country" music

Started by BigBen81, May 06, 2014, 05:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiomossyoak

Quote from: davisd9 on May 07, 2014, 10:09:46 AM
Jamey Johnson is as close to outlaw country as you will find today.  The rest is trash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYYw_9thYyY
bingo!!!!

Swyped while swerving via mobile device

"Mister X"=2013 Recon'ed Stryker Strykezone 380 covered in Mossy Oak Treestand camo(1inch groups@45yards off a bench with Slick Trick Broadheads)
"General Patton"=Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag/24in ported barrel in  woodland camo

Spring_Woods

The new country music is about as country and "redneck" as the show duck dynasty. Lolololol
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Snoodsniper

Guess I'm the odd man out. I like new country except the boy band sounding crap. And Duck Dynasty is funny stuff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

J-Shaped

Found a link to this in an article I was reading on Eric Church (whose music I do like). I thought it was pretty funny and sad all rolled into one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WySgNm8qH-I

While an overwhelming majority of the "country" these days is not even the same league as some of the real country from years past, I gotta give it to them, or at least their managers - they are marketing to their target audience and raking in the dough. I've seen Jamie Johnson twice in the last few years and enjoyed his show a lot. I saw Zac Brown this winter as well, and he put on a heck of show and did some talented work that you don't hear on the mainstream radio.

Some of the new "country" stuff I can handle, but most of it makes me sick at my stomach.

Doug

I nearly gave up on country radio but a couple months ago they started a new station in the area that plays 80s, 90s and 00s.  I'd prefer 70s-90s, but I'll take this.  It's great to hear ol' George Jones, Willie, Hank Jr, Keith Whitley and those guys.

I have to listen to a new country station while on a van to and from work.  There are a few songs that I like, but I'll be the first to admit that many don't sound country at all. I will frequently ask:  How is this song country?  Somebody will say:  well, what else is it?  sounds country to me.  I'll pull out Hank Jr "Stoned at the Jukebox" and tell them now that's what country sounds like!

One recent one I do like, and it doesn't sound much like country, is "Automatic."  The first time I heard it was in turkey hunting camp in April!

alclark2

+1 on Justin Moore  Good Stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

RutnNStrutn

I like some of the new country, but prefer the good ole stuff. I even like some of FLA-GA Line's songs, as well as Luke Bryan's stuff. But not all of it. I really hate Luke Bryan's "Sitting here, waiting on a deer" song. Makes all hunters seem like drunken rednecks shooting up the woods. ::)
Give me some Waylon, Hank & Hank Jr., George Strait, Alan Jackson, Johnny Cash, and other great ones. :cowboy:

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: davisd9 on May 07, 2014, 10:09:46 AM
Jamey Johnson is as close to outlaw country as you will find today.  The rest is trash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYYw_9thYyY
:agreed: :icon_thumright: :you_rock: I absolutely love Jamey Johnson, and Justin Moore as well. Now there's two newcomers that are keeping the roots of country alive!!

turkey harvester

I'll be the odd duck here, every time I hear country music I want to cut my own throat. Woman left me, horse left me, ran out of beer, sittin at a bar, seems like those are what most of those country songs consist of. makes me wanna puke!!!!!!
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

davisd9

Quote from: turkey harvester on May 08, 2014, 10:17:47 AM
I'll be the odd duck here, every time I hear country music I want to cut my own throat. Woman left me, horse left me, ran out of beer, sittin at a bar, seems like those are what most of those country songs consist of. makes me wanna puke!!!!!!

Goes to show you have heard very little country music and just following the stereotype of it.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

boomer

Brenn Hill is way of my favorites right now.
http://youtu.be/rPYDeJNgm1g

turkey harvester

Quote from: davisd9 on May 08, 2014, 11:40:33 AM
Quote from: turkey harvester on May 08, 2014, 10:17:47 AM

Goes to show you have heard very little country music and just following the stereotype of it.
I've heard my share of it friend, don't like, has nothing to do with stereotyping, just my opinion.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA

RutnNStrutn

Well, just like turkey hunting strategies and tactics, to each their own.

deerbasshunter3

About the only one worth listening to, in my opinion, is Eric Church. As far as I'm concerned, Luke Bryan is one step away from Pop/Hip Hop. He's all about gyrating and rapping with a guitar. Not my idea of country.

Jason Aldean is ok but I feel like he isn't far from being another air humping guitar rapper.

Florida Georgia Line is another one of those "country" pop hip hop bands.

Last but not least, I am actually a fan of Taylor Swift.

BowBendr

More of a fan of the older stuff like Conway Twitty, Patsy Cline, Hank Sr., George Jones, etc.............