OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

"country" music

Started by BigBen81, May 06, 2014, 05:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBen81

Is this what country music is becoming???  Every time I turn on the radio I hear this song, and I want to puke.  I've never heard anyone that lived out in the country say "holla at ya boy".  What a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbxuXq_981s

jblackburn

I hear ya.  How about that Redneck Crazy song where the dude gets drunk and stalks his ex-girlfriend.  Classy.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

BigBen81

Quote from: jblackburn on May 06, 2014, 06:08:29 PM
I hear ya.  How about that Redneck Crazy song where the dude gets drunk and stalks his ex-girlfriend.  Classy.

Yea, I can't stand that song either.  Between that, the Florida/Georgia Line hip-hop/country, and the Taylor Swift dance music, I can't even listen to "country" stations anymore.

cphill

There is only a hand full of true country music artist left

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Bigstruttin

I always thought George strait was a "true" country singer but some of his new stuff just isn't like it use to be.

super870JT

Randy houser Justin Moore..or anything before 1999 that's about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spring_Woods

Quote from: super870JT on May 06, 2014, 09:29:13 PM

'99?

Try 70/80's country. That's about all there ever was. Hank, willie, Waylon, Coe, paycheck etc. 
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

jblackburn

Quote from: Spring_Woods on May 06, 2014, 10:14:32 PM

Quote from: super870JT on May 06, 2014, 09:29:13 PM

'99?

Try 70/80's country. That's about all there ever was. Hank, willie, Waylon, Coe, paycheck etc.

:icon_thumright:

I'd probably throw in 60s, love the earlier Cash and the like
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

tomstopper

When I think of country music, I think  of Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Jr, Willie Nelson, etc. The only songs I listen to that are modern are from people like Trace Atkins, Luke Bryan, Lee Brice and some others but only certain songs from each artist.....

the Ward

yup, I haven't really listened to country music in a long time. Can't stand this new stuff, it's just mostly thinly disguised pop. They just put in their keywords like 4 wheel drive and truck and redneck, and viola, a country song lol! It's pretty funny listening to this stuff and seeing city kids around here describing themselves as "rednecks" when they have no clue to the origin or meaning of the word. But they got big lifted trucks and they chew snuff and listen to "country music" so that makes them rednecks lol!

davisd9

Jamey Johnson is as close to outlaw country as you will find today.  The rest is trash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYYw_9thYyY
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

DirtNap647

seems like if you don't sing rap then you must be country

fallhnt

Country music is just bad rock with a fiddle.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

StickString96

I've been a big Toby Keith fan for years

super870JT

Toby Keith couldn't annoy me more his career started and ended with shoulda been a cowboy in my eyes lol