OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hunting with a 10 year old...LOL

Started by Tail Feathers, May 05, 2014, 01:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

I took my 10 year old grandson went out for his first turkey hunt this morning.  I think I should call him twitchy from now on.  We had a jake pop out right in front of him at 20 yards and he never saw it.  Admittedly it didn't stay there long but sheesh, it was in the road!!!
Called up a longbeard strutter about an hour later and it strutted right by him under a small hill and even with me pointing at it he couldn't see it.
In a minute it popped out from behind that hill at 30 yards and he pointed and whispered loudly, "Grandpa, a turkey!  Can I shoot it!?!?!" :wave:
Needless to say the bird left. :z-dizzy:

Oh well, he heard lots of gobbling.  I think next weekend we may take the blind.  If I could just harness the energy of his constant movement I could be rich. :TooFunny:  But man we had some fun today.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

DirtNap647

:TooFunny:  fun is what its all about he learn to be still

1iagobblergetter

That's hilarious...That'll give you some good laughs for awhile..

darn2ten

He'll learn, all part of it I guess. My boy is 11 and has been hunting with me since he was 7. He's a lot better than he use to be, but still has to be reminded quite often to pay attention and be still. I wish I had half the energy that boy does, lol! Those blinds are a pretty good idea also.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr