OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevi 13

Started by agturkey, March 16, 2011, 11:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SR1

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 17, 2011, 02:53:42 PM
Quote from: SR1 on March 17, 2011, 02:48:57 PM
I know what your saying about components MAYBE changeing but really why would a compnay do that. I load over 10 thousand trap and skeet loads per year and know powder and primers can change lot to lot but I have never seen that much of a difference in patterns even going from lot to lot. Wads can change your pattern but it has to be a totaly different wad. I think its more the person and gun/choke thats affecting it more then the shells.

Why would people vote for Obama?  Now you have your answer. 
Lets blame Obamy  :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley: :jackson:
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

ElkTurkMan

Is the problem just with the #7 shells, or is everyone having problems with all size hevi shot shells from this year?

OLE RASPY

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 17, 2011, 06:01:55 AM
a person should not have to do this. but when i buy H13 i try to buy from all the same lot #. i guess i have got lucky. because i have never had a bad batch
me either yet and hope i dont.

WildSpur

Seeing this really has me concerned.  I was on their webpage/forum today and saw that the MagBlends are a steel alloy and are easier on the wallet because of this (someone posted a question asking about the shells)

I posted to make sure that the MB were really steel alloy  :o :o.  Needless to say, the original post was edited.

I am not sure if anyone knows what is going on  ::) :-\

Cluck more, yelp less

S.C.C

Quote from: SR1 on March 17, 2011, 02:57:29 PM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 17, 2011, 02:53:42 PM
Quote from: SR1 on March 17, 2011, 02:48:57 PM
I know what your saying about components MAYBE changeing but really why would a compnay do that. I load over 10 thousand trap and skeet loads per year and know powder and primers can change lot to lot but I have never seen that much of a difference in patterns even going from lot to lot. Wads can change your pattern but it has to be a totaly different wad. I think its more the person and gun/choke thats affecting it more then the shells.

Why would people vote for Obama?  Now you have your answer.  
Lets blame Obamy  :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley: :jackson:

He "changed" me into a AMMO horder,or was it Clintoon!!!  ;D :happy0064: :happy0064:

turkeytromp

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 17, 2011, 06:01:55 AM
a person should not have to do this. but when i buy H13 i try to buy from all the same lot #. i guess i have got lucky. because i have never had a bad batch

:you_rock:

I have shot several Hevi13 loads here last week and all was uniform patterns for me. I think some are blowing this way out of proportion, if it shoots good in your gun shoot it! if it doesn't try another brand easy and simple as that IMO.

hunttherut

No problems here with hevi magnum blend.  Have not shot the 7s

trash2

ill blame the shells for a whiff last week at 40yds in the dead open, watched the bird down the barrel for a good 30 sec and am 100% certain it was not shooter error. however odd things do happen and that gun has been sent to timeout until futher review

agturkey

They did not like listening to me I will no longer use Hevi 13.  End of story.