OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevi 13

Started by agturkey, March 16, 2011, 11:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

Spoke with Hevi 13 today for about an hour...when you have a problem with a product sometimes it helps them to listen...did not seem to get far with them...I have tried the magnum blend and did not like it...also been having problems with shells not being the same each year...I buy one box and they shoot...I buy another box from another lot and they dont.  I know a lot of people love their shell but I find them to be the most inconstant ones I have ever shot.

I am not hating just hate the fact they did not offer for me to send the shells in to them to be looked at. 

Think I am done with them to many changes to often.

TrophyTracker

What did they have to say?
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

nyhunter

I totally agree with you, I have shot3" 2oz and 3.5" 2.25oz mostly and there very inconsistent.

VAHUNTER

a person should not have to do this. but when i buy H13 i try to buy from all the same lot #. i guess i have got lucky. because i have never had a bad batch
Good things come to those who wait

bbcoach

Maybe it's time for all of us that use HEVI's to start an E-mail and telephone campaign and bombard EM with our concerns.  There are plenty of people on this site that use their products and there has been alot of our hard earned money spent testing there products to optimize results.  If they continue to change components every couple of years, we will be left wondering if we have the pattern density to make an ethical kill from shot to shot.

I thought of adding to my HEVI inventory soon but I think I will hold off until we can get this resolved or move on to a different shell.

Maybe a STICKY with EM's telephone number and E-mail addresses, is in order!!!!

hookedspur

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 17, 2011, 06:01:55 AM
a person should not have to do this. but when i buy H13 i try to buy from all the same lot #. i guess i have got lucky. because i have never had a bad batch
:agreed: I haven't had a problem yet myself.Straight 6s and 7s still shoot well and the blends still shoot only ok for me.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bowhunter84

i havent had a problem with them but then again i havent bought that many boxes either. maybe 5 or 6.

bbcoach

Check out the Thread "Just sent this to EM" from Drum 817.  It seems that we are talking about this years shells.  If you have shells from last year, they are OK.

BrowningGuy88

Great. I decide to buy shells the year they have trouble!  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

I hope the two boxes I bought shoot okay.

shootumindaface

Quote from: bbcoach on March 17, 2011, 07:53:50 AM
Maybe it's time for all of us that use HEVI's to start an E-mail and telephone campaign and bombard EM with our concerns.  There are plenty of people on this site that use their products and there has been alot of our hard earned money spent testing there products to optimize results.  If they continue to change components every couple of years, we will be left wondering if we have the pattern density to make an ethical kill from shot to shot.

I thought of adding to my HEVI inventory soon but I think I will hold off until we can get this resolved or move on to a different shell.

Maybe a STICKY with EM's telephone number and E-mail addresses, is in order!!!!
It was done years ago with the 20g shells, they essentially called us all liars.

SR1

Just what proof does everyone have they change the components???????? Maybe its the indian and not the arrow ever think of that?
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

drum817

Quote from: SR1 on March 17, 2011, 01:50:02 PM
Just what proof does everyone have they change the components???????? Maybe its the indian and not the arrow ever think of that?

it "could" be a number of things....a  change is ANY of the following components could change the load drastically... Wad, Payload size, Powder content, Type of powder, pellet size, buffering.  I know it sounds picky and NO you don't need three hundred to kill a turkey.....It's just the dang point of it.  That load is falling short in every choke this year....not just the "indian".
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

hobbes

Abandon ship.......abandon ship...........the H13 wagon has lost it sails.

SR1

I know what your saying about components MAYBE changeing but really why would a compnay do that. I load over 10 thousand trap and skeet loads per year and know powder and primers can change lot to lot but I have never seen that much of a difference in patterns even going from lot to lot. Wads can change your pattern but it has to be a totaly different wad. I think its more the person and gun/choke thats affecting it more then the shells.
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: SR1 on March 17, 2011, 02:48:57 PM
I know what your saying about components MAYBE changeing but really why would a compnay do that. I load over 10 thousand trap and skeet loads per year and know powder and primers can change lot to lot but I have never seen that much of a difference in patterns even going from lot to lot. Wads can change your pattern but it has to be a totaly different wad. I think its more the person and gun/choke thats affecting it more then the shells.

Why would people vote for Obama?  Now you have your answer.