OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Different chokes

Started by huntinhard, March 16, 2011, 11:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huntinhard

Is anybody out there changing chokes during the season? What I'm thinking is, if I know i am gonna hunt woodsy stuff and be shooting kinda close I would go with a more open choke and pattern from my jellyhead and then if I were gonna be chasing pasture birds I could use a tighter choke like a pure gold for a little more effective range. Ideas?

knightrider

i will be carrying the hevi 3in magblends for the open woods and fields and the win high velocity #5 for the thick woods depends on where the birds are roosted on which one i put in the tube. my pg 670 shoots them both perfectly for either given situation :you_rock:

Kylongspur88

I'll carry differant shells. Hevi 6 for the longer shots and winn lead 4 for the ridge birds. Both shells shoot very well out of the same choke.

bowhunter84

i shoot the same no matter where i hunt. i may start in the woods and then end up on a field.

stinkpickle

I don't bother.  About the only thing I change during the season is my underwear...occasionally.

trkehunr93

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 17, 2011, 11:00:27 AM
I don't bother.  About the only thing I change during the season is my underwear...occasionally.

:TooFunny:

drum817

Quote from: bowhunter84 on March 17, 2011, 08:36:22 AM
i shoot the same no matter where i hunt. i may start in the woods and then end up on a field.

Same here.....I just shoot at different ranges to know EXACTLY what my set up is doing at different yardages.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

surehuntsalot

Iuse the same choke all season long
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SumToy

I would not change chokes.  Now that is not smart to say that because I build chokes.  ???  The thing is that it not smart to change I would just say shoot lead at 40 and in and go heavy if you go more then 40.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

hookedspur

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 17, 2011, 11:00:27 AM
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions