turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Second Annual Kansas road trip

Started by Crawl79, May 03, 2014, 10:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crawl79

Heading out in the next hour for my second annual Kansas trip. Waiting on buddy to arrive so we can drive through the night from Louisiana. 4 buddies will be meeting us tomorrow from Alabama so allot of tags to try and fill.

Last year was a success with 4 hunters killing 4 birds although gobblers were henned up with hens running to gobbles.
This year I am going a week later hoping we will hit it right with hens nesting. This year will be hunting some different property that we haven't seen yet but we have been scouting google earth for a while and feel confident we will find some birds.

wingbonehntr

What  part of Kansas are you headed to. I just returned to louisiana from Kansas on April 30. Turkey's were a little henned up , but not to bad. Good luck

nativeks

Seen birds here wandering mid day. Pretty shitty hatch last year so not many jakes running around. They are in a gobbling lull here. Don't know if it is due to pressure or if it's just that time of year.

jcour4

We are in northeast ks right. Now and it is tough. Gobblers with hens in the am and not gobbling much mid day. Hopefully it turns around soon

tomstopper

Quote from: jcour4 on May 04, 2014, 03:43:22 PM
We are in northeast ks right. Now and it is tough. Gobblers with hens in the am and not gobbling much mid day. Hopefully it turns around soon
Good luck... Hope to see pics soon...

sself

Are you guys on public or private?

jakesdad

We just got back from north central kansas and 3 of us drew the big gooseegg.It was tough.Very very little gobbling and henned up toms.Also doesnt help when the 2 others that went with that you thought were somewhat dedicated turkey hunters turn out to be very weekend warriorish.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"