OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

No good S. O. B.

Started by 2eagles, May 03, 2014, 09:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

No, he really was an s.o.b. But let me tell the rest of the story.....
I was set up in my blind turkey hunting in an old food plot about 100 yards wide. I was in the weeds along a tractor trail (two track for you Southern boys) and 20 yards beyond that, the timber. My Avian-X hen set 15 yards to my right. As I often do, I was watching the inside of my eyelids. I am still paying attention, but just not with my eyes. I heard commotion in the timber only to see a longbeard running, flying and a combination of both. I was sure my snoring - I mean heavy breathing hadn't spooked him, so what had? Then I hear hard, heavy, thumping running the same direction the tom was going, but this was on the trail, just a few feet in front of my blind. I was surprised to see a dog hauling azz down the trail! He was a pitbull / bulldog type with huge head and shoulders and a tiny backend. He was wearing a stylish heavy duty red collar. He never even broke stride when he nailed my decoy!! Dog and decoy rolled at least 10 feet. Needless to say I am shocked. I screamed at that dog at the top of my lungs and he ran off. I have a mean scream, just ask my kids. When I checked the decoy, only the stake was broken. She has a tiny dent in the neck from maybe a bite, but no damage really. Funny thing, there is a little blood on her back. Maybe the dog poked himself when the stake broke. Well, I'm standing outside the blind trying to mentally replay the whole thing and I notice a smaller dog coming my way. I think he wet his pants when I started chasing and yelling at him. Then I grabbed my gun from the blind in case it was a pack of wild dogs that could turn on me. But no more showed. Good!
I'm sure someone will say I should have shot the first dog. Obviously this dog is a killer. Maybe, but I didn't have time even if I would have wanted to.

darn2ten

Naw, you shouldn't have shot the dog. Somebody obviously owns it if it had a nice collar on. What needs to happen is the owner needs a butt whipping for letting their dogs run wild.

mudhen

Meh, turkey season probably not....deer season is a different story though....

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

va wingbone

Quote from: mudhen on May 03, 2014, 10:24:23 PM
Meh, turkey season probably not....deer season is a different story though....

mudhen
really? not for Turkey season but for a rat with hooves!?!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"