Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

renegade19

Bigspurs68

Been there, done that, got the scars.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

Ishi

The Spirit Lives On

Grunt-N-Gobble

You grab him by the legs a little too fast?

Rokhal07

Lol reminds me of mine last yr

Huntaholic

Grab em by the head/neck! I quit grabbing em by the legs YEARS ago! Last one I remember grabbing by the legs, he twisted and flopped so much that I actually broke a spur off flush with his leg with my hand! I knew better than to ever let his start spinning in my hand and fortunately the spur was toward my wrist instead of my fingers and I just held on as tightly as possible and the spur snapped off!

troutfisher13111

The story is after I shot he went down. I took my time walking up and he was done moving for a bit when I got there. I grabbed him by the leg to lift him up and as soon as I got him off the ground he spun around. The spur was between my pointer finger and thumb and it ripped a good gash at the base of my thumb. I got the bleeding to stop pretty quick, but because of the location it kept ripping open. I had to go to urgent care and it required 3 stitches. It was pretty deep, you could see muscle I think.

Dumb rookie mistake

DirtNap647

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Old Gobbler

I got more pictures from the gobbler that rocky shot , that thing tore up his clothes pretty badly

When I was younger I made the mistake of grabbing a 1.5 spur gobbler by the legs while I was wearing a glove , the spurs set into the glove and twisted  my hand like it was caught in a lathe -- tore me up real good  like the first picture -- from that point forward I step on the neck and protect my family jewels -- even the small spur gobblers can tear you up like barbed wire fence
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Kywoodsman

I bet that won't feel good in the morning. Reminds me of the first gobbler I ever killed. I ran up to him to grab him and by the time I got there he had about quit flopping. I reached down and grabbed his legs and as soon as I did he spurred me in the exact same place you got spurred. It wasn't as bad as yours but still was good enough to leave a scar.

Gamblinman

Ouch.

Had a client walk up to a downed gobbler, thinking it was dead and through thrashing. Nailed him in the palm of his hand. Fortunately, it was just a puncture wound. I bet we had sat for five minutes after he shot him to let the other birds leave before he went out to get the bird.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Big Timber