OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Newbie question

Started by cjr1, March 16, 2011, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjr1

What would be a good starting point as far as choke and shot for a MB935 with a 28" barrel? Any help would be much appreciated.

surehuntsalot

the 3" 0r 3.5" Winchester Supremes(black box) at wal mart with the x-full or full choke that came with your 935 would be a good starting point
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

drum817

What do you mean by "starting point".....are you looking for the cheapest route or the fastest route to a great pattern ??
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

VAHUNTER

the 935 and the 835 get there best patterns when using chokes between .690 to .670 . it all depends on what you are wanting out of your setup
Good things come to those who wait

cjr1

For some reason I haven't been able to log on since the first post??

Anyway, I've just found out I'm going to TX in 3 weeks on a turkey hunt. I haven't hunted turkey's since the early 1980's.  I don't have much time to test a lot of different set ups and was just asking for a "general suggestion" for the 935.  That's what I meant by starting point. Not really worried about the cost, just wanted a little info from the experts.

I use this gun mainly for spring snow goose hunting. The barrel has already been deep cleaned and polished. I have a access to a Tight wad .690 and a Indian Creek .675 choke.

sugarray

Shoot the IC .675 and shoot either HeviShot 3.5" 2 1/4 oz of #6 or #7 shot.  Great patterns with just buying shells you don't already have.

archery1

i shoot a ic choke. with my mossy 835 i shot hevi 3" 6 shot got 165 hits at 40 yds. shot 3" hevi 7 shot got 179 hits at 40yds. enough to kill a turkey .nice an even patterns from both . i shot the winchester also. they do great patterns at 25 yds but after that they fall apart. had horrible patterns at 40 yds with them. now they were the ones from walmart though. i didnt get the winchester xtnd  ones yet. i also have my barrel deep cleaned an polished. i never shot any 3 1/2 " shells as of yet.
Take a kid hunting