OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best striker for sneeds hot hen?...

Started by Abryant7, May 01, 2014, 06:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abryant7

I got a hot hen but can't get a good yelp with my couple of strikers. Any suggestions on strikers?

captin_hook

I'm using a one piece zebrawood by talkin sticks. It sounds the best out of the strikers I have. My halloran dymond wood is a close second.

Tom Dooley

I don't have as many strikers as alot of guys on here but I really like my HS Strut Rosewood on the Hot Hen slate. I watched several toms go down to this combo this year.

Abryant7

Thanks guys I will look into those.

WV Ridge Reaper

I have tried the following and none sound good on that call..Has a loud squeal with all of them....

Dymondwood wood
Purple Heart
Hickory
IPE
Yellow Heart

Abryant7

Wv ridge reaper let me know

WV Ridge Reaper

I got some strikers one the way I'll let you know if I find that magic one.

Purple Heart usually makes everything sound great..I expected more with all the great talk about this call.

Abryant7

Ya please let me know. I have the outlaw hen too and it sounds great!

MikeStaten

I like my Lights Out dymondwood on the hot hen.  Give it a higher pitch and better sound

1iagobblergetter

Just wondering don't they come with a striker matched to the call??? ???  ???

land cruiser

They do and those strikers work just fine

Abryant7

Yeah my chocolate lab thought it was her chew toy!!

slicksbeagles1

call Lonnie he may give you a new striker for call or buy one they are not that expensive price around 5.00

also
Buddy Stang makes one of the best strikers money can buy. It is a laminated striker and it will make any call sing. I bought his 1st place crystal call at the NWTF convention which is amazing and just for curiosity I tried the striker on other calls  I  have and it opened up a whole new world. Call Buddy 724-561-4727 and talk to him I don't think he has this striker listed on his website yet but you can't go wrong. 

http://www.talkinstick.com/

Abryant7

Ya I'm going to reorder and I will look into those. Thanks guys !

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: land cruiser on May 02, 2014, 05:27:23 AM
They do and those strikers work just fine
Ok thanks, I've heard so many good things about his calls and was going to try one of his and then read this. Glad to hear it was just a dog that chewed up a striker. Lol...