Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

exciting morning this ever happen to you?

Started by NEKVT, May 01, 2014, 03:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEKVT

So went out this AM heard a gobble ... did just a little calling and two toms come storming at me.... I too the first one that was in range... then the second attacked him after he was already down.... then just stood there over him.... I could have had the second one but I forgot my state allows 2 so I passed him up like a fool.... wither way it was awesome and exciting!!!

J-Shaped

Have had it happen many times. Despite your state laws, look at the bright side. You get to chase that other bird another day. Had you shot him, you'd be finished. Congrats. Go get after his buddy tomorrow.

tomstopper

Quote from: J-Shaped on May 01, 2014, 03:56:19 PM
Have had it happen many times. Despite your state laws, look at the bright side. You get to chase that other bird another day. Had you shot him, you'd be finished. Congrats. Go get after his buddy tomorrow.
:agreed: Congrats....

J-Shaped

Yep, not uncommon at all. I've even had the other bird(s) go back to gobbling and strutting around the dead one, jump on them, etc. We give the bird way too much credit for being smart. He's just wired a bit "off" and does some stupid stuff sometimes ???? His buddy will most likely be lonely tomorrow and you may get to do it all over again.