OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Boss is done...made for a heavy carryout

Started by NYGobblergetter, May 01, 2014, 01:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYGobblergetter

Got the job done quickly today, actually the fastest ever for me. Done at 6:07. I got into a spot I had scouted and knew to be a roosting spot. I was facing where I thought they would be, but at 5:45 I heard one gobble behind me, real close. So, I shimmied around the tree and made a couple soft calls. No response, but a few minutes later birds started dropping from the trees. I saw 2 jakes, then heard the familiar spit n drum. I saw him put on a nice show. I made a couple real soft calls and purrs on the mouth call and the 2 hens started moving my way. He was angling farther up the ridge, but coming. The hens got within 8 yards and finally saw something when I was trying to every so slowly move my barrel. Luckily, he was 40 yards away and reached his head up to see what was up. A face full of heavys 6s nailed him. He weighed 26 lbs 11 oz, 9.5" beard 1 1/4 spurs with one kinda broken at the end. Needless to say, it was a heavy pack out!

tomstopper

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

bbcoach

CONGRATS!  It's great when everything falls in place that quickly.

eddie234

Very nice! Congrats

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ncturkey

2much2loud

bigdoc

O My!!! Thats a nice heavy bird. Well done.

sadkins

Nice
Congrats

Elite Energy 35
Matthews Z7 Extreme
PSE X Force 7

Spring_Woods

Dang man any earlier you'd needed a flash light! Good job!
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

beagler

Never Misses

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!