OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

4-26-14 Wounded Warrior Hunt on Quantico MCB

Started by Vaturkeyhntr, April 30, 2014, 08:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaturkeyhntr

Myslef and a good friend(pictured in the middle of the picture behind the center turkey), took part in the Wounded Warrior hunt at quantico mcb this past friday and saturday. After coming up short on Friday we knew of a spot that has been frequented by a group of gobblers on a regular basis. So Friday after we all at lunch we went out and built a ground blind for the next mornings hunt. As we pulled up to the field there were 3 longbeards and and about 10-12 jakes all within 100 yards of where we were gonna build the blind. The next morning after we all ate breakfast we set out for the blind, we unloaded all the gear and assisted the hunter to the ground blind. All I can say is its not an easy task trying to get a wheelchair through the woods in the pitch dark, but we managed. I then gave out the good lucks to my friend and the hunter and went about a mile down the road.(I had to leave around 8am for a charity softball tournament so I didnt want to mess there hunt up if birds were in the field). Around 7:30 I texted my friend and asked how it was going, I got a quick responce of WE DOUBLED!! I headed back over and met up with them to find 2 longbeards layed out in front of them. When we went back to he check station another wounded warrior had also scored that morning.

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

tomstopper

Awesome. Thanks to all who participated. As a veteran myself, I can guarantee it meant the world to them. Semper Fi.....

surehuntsalot

congrats on the birds
kudos to everyone involved to make this happen :icon_thumright:
it's not the harvest,it's the chase