OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lovett Williams

Started by Sherrell, April 30, 2014, 07:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherrell

For those who would like to know...I just found out on my Facebook page Mr. Lovett williams has passed away.

SinGin

So sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers for his family.

paboxcall

Sorry to learn this.

I just received a little two piece wingbone from him two days ago.  Nice little caller he built. 

He sure did an awful lot for the wild turkey.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

eddie234

Prayers to his family

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

greencop01

:-[ A truly Great Turkey Man has passed on, he has contributed greatly to this sport and way of life. This sport of ours, if you really pursue this bird, consumes you and steals a corner of your heart. Mr Williams has made the Wild Turkey the pursuit of his life. I'm glad I purchased his book, "Wild Turkey Hunting and Management." My prayers are with his family.  :jesus-cross:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

DirtNap647

Old Gobbler

Prayers sent 

Many times I met him in person and talked to him over the phone , he was a good man full of old fashioned values and he greatly enjoyed fielding questions regarding turkey biology

Prayers out to Lovett and his family  :bible: :cross2:
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

TRKYHTR

Sad to hear this news.

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

wvboy

He will be missed.. prayers to his Family..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

trkehunr93

Sad news, prayers sent to his family.  The turkey hunting community has lost a true legend and advocate for the wild turkey.

Sherrell

Lovett and I had long conversations through the years and did not realize until a friend brought it to my attention that he had my name under his acknowledgements in his book "The wild Turkey & Management...That book has a lot of meaning now...Had just ordered another book for a friend out west as he was interested in Lovett's writings.

Lovett the world is a better place because you were in it.

A very good interview.http://vimeo.com/60200527

BowBendr

Very sad to hear this. A great man with a keen insight of the wild turkey . He will be missed.  :cross2:
Prayers go out to his family.

Stickbow98

A true loss to the Turkey hunting community. Very nice gentleman, I had many conversations and correspondences with him over the years. I once sent an exceptional beard I had harvested to him at his request, for him to study and include in a article/book he was working on... he returned it along with copies of both his book & CD!!
His knowledge and willingness to share it benefited all turkey hunters, whether they ever realized it or not.
R.I.P. My friend,

Ron
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

hookedspur

So sorry to hear
The turkey world just lost a bunch of knowledge
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tomstopper

Prayers sent for his family. The turkey community will surely miss him.....