OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Country

Started by longbeard11, April 30, 2014, 09:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeard11

Been eyeballing this place for awhile and have seen some turkeys on it before but never really got out and scouted it any.  Kayla had to go to work late last night so I decided to go with her and go scout the place to find her a turkey since they were close to each other.  I was very pleased with the turkey sign I found and with the way the land was laid out, I have no doubts I will be able to find and kill a big gobbler on this place.  Big pipeline that runs up and around the ridge going around a big bowl, Love it!!!  Beautiful hardwood flats right below the lip of the pipeline and several logging roads.  I have been blessed to add two new awesome turkey farms to my hand this spring and I am very excited to hunt them some this year!

As I sat there on the pipeline listening last night around 7:30 I heard something walking and scratching on the other side of the pipeline behind me. I was crouched down and thought it really sounded like turkeys.  All of a sudden a head popped up, a red and white head! :)  He saw me and took off, following him were three others.  4 jakes total.  I was very happy to see them and was a very good sign for the first time ever stepping foot on the place.  I wouldnt mind taking my wife there to kill one of them this year, and if not I know there will be 4 two year olds rocking the place next spring!! Scouting success!! :)

DirtNap647

longbeard11

If nothing else at least I know there will be 4 two year olds on it for next spring, and I like that alot! :)

RutnNStrutn

Looks like a good place.

surehuntsalot

I sure like the looks of it.
Good luck
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tomstopper

Looks like a great spot...

TRKYHTR

I bet there is more than 4 Jakes there. Those Jakes had to come from somebody. Good luck,
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

longbeard11

yeah Joe, thats what I am thinking too.  Last two years I have seen BIG longbeards on the backside of this along the interstate, so I know they are there

jblackburn

Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 01, 2014, 01:11:22 AM
I bet there is more than 4 Jakes there. Those Jakes had to come from somebody. Good luck,

:agreed:

:anim_25:
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.