turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sure does itch.

Started by Gooserbat, April 29, 2014, 04:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Is it just me or is there a few people as of late that has an itch they need to scratch.  Be it blinds, decoys, small HTL shot, or just what ever is done different than they do? 

I say hunt and let hunt.  As long as a person is responsible and know there limitations I don't care if they use Winchester AA #8 trap loads.  If they want to hunt out of an OD Green army mess tent then let them do it. If they want to paint milk jugs to look like guinea foul and us them for midget turkey decoys let them have at it, but I wish some people would get off there hi-horse and and quit preaching that their way is the right way when it's obvious buy the numbers of HAPPY hunters that #7 HTL, turkey blow up dolls, and camo tents that some hunters preferred methods work and they enjoy what they are doing.

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

RutnNStrutn

Amen to that brother!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :thanks:
That's what I've been saying for a long, long time! I support all legal hunting methods, even if they aren't something I would do. I say if it is legal, and you like it, go for it!! But if it is legal, and you don't care to hunt that way, then don't!! But don't try to force your style of hunting upon others. We as hunters have many different situations. We vary in how much money we have, how much time off we have, what hunting opportunities we have, what experience we have, what we would harvest, etc, etc, etc.
To each their own!! Kumbaya!!! ;D

redarrow

dfresh55

silvestris

I don't expect everyone to hunt like me, but I am less than impressed by the methods some use in "hunting".  As a general rule, I merely refrain from shouting out "Atta Boy" when I learn of a turkey killed by those methods.  Some methods cry out for disapprobation.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Deputy 14

Quote from: silvestris on April 29, 2014, 05:16:10 PM
I don't expect everyone to hunt like me, but I am less than impressed by the methods some use in "hunting".  As a general rule, I merely refrain from shouting out "Atta Boy" when I learn of a turkey killed by those methods.  Some methods cry out for disapprobation.

If the means are dangerous or unethical then yes. If legal and safe have at it. But also remember that legal is not always safe. (Hunting turkey with deer rifles in this state)

However Gooserbat I agree with you 100%. I'm tired of reading posts from our few elitist pricks who are the only people who know how to turkey hunt.

njdevilsb

I just don't understand why some people get so bothered by how other people hunt.  There seems to be an "elitist" attitude around here lately that says that you must use 50 year old camo and sit on the wet ground without a decoy in the middle of the thickest hardwoods you can find.  You then must only yelp 5 times, no more, no less and wait for at least an hour before you call again.  You must by all means avoid any open field at any cost.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: njdevilsb on April 29, 2014, 05:27:26 PM
I just don't understand why some people get so bothered by how other people hunt.  There seems to be an "elitist" attitude around here lately that says that you must use 50 year old camo and sit on the wet ground without a decoy in the middle of the thickest hardwoods you can find.  You then must only yelp 5 times, no more, no less and wait for at least an hour before you call again.  You must by all means avoid any open field at any cost.
:icon_thumright: ;D :lol:

DirtNap647

Amen its just a select few hopefully they start fishing soon

troutfisher13111

Deputy 14

Quote from: Dirt nap on April 29, 2014, 05:40:05 PM

No doubt. Problem is there are a couple who come back every year.

Bob

personally I'm against blinds and full strut decoys, however I think electronic calls should be allowed. I'm against trespassers and for more public land.  I don't think you need a 10 gauge to hunt, but I use one.  I could care less what anyone else does, but if they hunt on my land they follow my rules.  I don't shoot jakes until the last week of the season, because I'd hate to spend money on a tag and not use it. I buy the cheapest shells I can find and only waste two patterning them, I like to hunt turkeys and eat turkeys.  If the deluge would stop I'd grab my vest, gun and go and kill one right now.

Rokhal07

Yeah I cant tell if these "elite hunters" are just trolling us for a laugh or if they really feel the way they come across. I'm all for guys that only shoot a bird they call in and refuse to "bushwhack" a turkey etc, but I agree I draw the line when they start condemning others in disapproval.

SinGin

I've only noticed one of latley. I would loan him my fishing pole but I'm sure it has the wrong string on it for him.

jblackburn

Quote from: SinGin on April 29, 2014, 06:55:17 PM

I've only noticed one of latley. I would loan him my fishing pole but I'm sure it has the wrong string on it for him.

:TooFunny:  Almost had to think about getting a new computer after all the water I just spit out laughing at that!

Maybe it's just growing pains of a great forum, but there has been more BS this year than I can remember from the past couple.  Usually the crap goes away once seasons start opening.

I agree with Gooserbat, but I also know everyone has the right to their opinion.  But there is a thing called being tactful.

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.