OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Hunter found dead...

Started by L.F. Cox, April 29, 2014, 07:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L.F. Cox

Turkey hunter found dead by black farmer....

This farmer was out checking his field when he spotted a turkey dA'coy down at one end of the field...he drove up on the dA'coy and noticed this fellow sitting against a tree back in the bushes...the fellow didn't move or show any signs of moving.

The black guy drove off..

The hunters dad was at their truck when the farmer drove back to it.

He pulled up and asked the man...."You got's any body down they're a hunt'n" the guys dad replied "Yes my son"...."You betta get's down they'a and check on him cause yo son is dead".

In total frantic the father asked "Where's he at ?"....."He'z down that field ta the right sitt'n back behind that decoy".

The father jumped in his truck and took off at high speed to find his son....he found the dA'coy walked up to his son and nudged his foot expecting the worse...

His son was so sound sleep that he never noticed the farmer drive right by him...."Son you just took 10 years off what little life I have left".

My buddy said when he opened his eyes his dad was shaking like a coon passing persimmon seeds.

The farmer had called 911...2 Sheriffs dept. cars an ambulance a coroners vehicle and an unmarked car were waiting on them.

True story....told to me by my buddy (The sleeping son)

BC

redarrow

Oh man that sounds like me.I was sound asleep last Tuesday and the gobbler had to wake me up so I could kill him. He gobbled,I woke up and he was 20 yards away. Not sure but I think he gobbled at my snoring.

DirtNap647

im always afraid of falling asleep and waking up to a snake visitor

stringtown

dirt nap, one of my buddy's dad doesn't turkey hunt to this day for that very reason.  woke up and a cotton mouth was coiled up b/w his legs.  had to shoot it w/ his shotgun which wasn't an easy task.  he's never been back in turkey woods.

also, my grandad's favorite story to mess w/ my head about snakes is about one of his friends that fell asleep in a log pile one cool morning.  he awoke to find a bunch of copper heads sunning around him on the logs.  not sure if true or not but gives me the heeby jeebies.

gobbler777

True Story - 4 of us hunted gobblers out of a cabin in Morgan County, WV. It was the third day of the season and all of us were dragging a$$. Huck, one of our guys saw Red sitting against a tree with his head on his chest; gun across his lap... sound asleep. Huck snuck up and placed his red bandanna in Red's shotgun barrel and snuck off without waking him. Needless to say, Red reluctantly returned to the cabin for lunch for he knew what was awaiting him. 
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

gobbler777

One more and I'm not lying..............
    Same cabin near Sleepy Creek, WVa ..... all but one of the gang returned to eat lunch one spring day. Someone said they heard a shot that morning. He didn't return so we went out after lunch to find him laying face down in the road dead. He was clutching a gobbler in one hand and his shotgun in the other. Dont quit reading .... two years later all but one returned to the cabin for lunch. With what happened two years earlier, we went out to search in the vicinity he was hunting. Someone said they heard a turkey gobbling in his area that morning. After walking for more than an hour we spotted him sitting dead against a tree, box call still in his hands...a massive heart attack.
   For us died-in-the-wool turkey hunters .... what a way to go.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

strutnrut

Quote from: gobbler777 on April 29, 2014, 01:48:03 PM
    Same cabin near Sleepy Creek, WVa ..... all but one of the gang returned to eat lunch one spring day. Someone said they heard a shot that morning. He didn't return so we went out after lunch to find him laying face down in the road dead. He was clutching a gobbler in one hand and his shotgun in the other. Dont quit reading .... two years later all but one returned to the cabin for lunch. With what happened two years earlier, we went out to search in the vicinity he was hunting. Someone said they heard a turkey gobbling in his area that morning. After walking for more than an hour we spotted him sitting dead against a tree, box call still in his hands...a massive heart attack.

Atleast I'd go out happy. We had at man died of a heart attack this past deer season. He wasn't draging a deer either and was in his 40's.  This is why I keep my GPS on my phone turned on. Don't mind going out while hunting but I hate coyotes and hogs...   

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: gobbler777 on April 29, 2014, 01:48:03 PM
I'm not ready to check out yet, I'm glad I don't hunt with you. Lol....

gobbler777

I couldn't believe they were hunting my birds LOL

Juan Gonzales

Holy cow gobbler777, I don't think you should take anybody hunting anymore!!  :TooFunny:

Spring_Woods

Quote from: gobbler777 on April 29, 2014, 01:37:40 PM
True Story - 4 of us hunted gobblers out of a cabin in Morgan County, WV. It was the third day of the season and all of us were dragging a$$. Huck, one of our guys saw Red sitting against a tree with his head on his chest; gun across his lap... sound asleep. Huck snuck up and placed his red bandanna in Red's shotgun barrel and snuck off without waking him. Needless to say, Red reluctantly returned to the cabin for lunch for he knew what was awaiting him.

Yeah I don't get this story at all
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

surehuntsalot

Quote from: Dirt nap on April 29, 2014, 12:29:48 PM
im always afraid of falling asleep and waking up to a snake visitor

Had this happen to me a couple of years ago.Nodded off on an afternoon hunt sitting close to a creek bank,woke up with a 4" cotton mouth between my legs,head facing my "boys".
I have gotten to old to be trying to jump up,roll out of the way and all that kind of crap.
I took my gun and held it up with my hand and pulled the trigger with my thumb,hoping I didn't hit anything that I didn't need to.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Mason Dixon

"Two years ago I took the first two weeks of the Maryland Turkey season off. I work nights for the State of MD Department of Agriculture. Hunted hard the first week and didn't feel real right, but stayed at it. Season opened on a Wednesday I think. The next Monday, a replacement couldn't work for me so I had to come in. Our office is on a second floor. Had to stop half way up stairs...hard breathing. Went to Doc next day. Scheduled sonogram next week. Massive coronary. They couldn't tell when....just that I should have been dead before then. I fought off the effects as best I could to get back out in the Turkey-Wood. Ol' Tom almost had me on his wall that year. July I had open heart. Needed 4 bypasses but they could only find two to fix, before calling it quits. So I'm only working on 2 of 4 screwed up cylinders. Got ol' Tom last year. This year, a friend asked me to teach her how to hunt. Besides being my "new" hunting partner....she's my...."Young Hen". I'm 55 and she's 29......GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE......(True story as well)...."
1) Ithaca M37: aftermkt. pistol grip stock; full choke 30"; Deerslayer cylinder bore
2) Benelli M1 Super 90: cylinder bore defense barrel
3) Benelli Super Nova: Steady Grip stock; assorted Carlson's chokes; Indian Creek; Primos Jelly Head
4) Hand made wing bones; boxes; pots and strikers; diaphrams; wing flappers

gobbler777

Quote from: Spring_Woods on April 29, 2014, 10:39:40 PM

Quote from: gobbler777 on April 29, 2014, 01:37:40 PM

Yeah I don't get this story at all

You've probably been getting up early too many mornings in a row and are tired. Try reading again. My 5 year old grand dausghter thought it was very funny. LOL