turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need opinions on a new vest

Started by luked, April 28, 2014, 08:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luked

Ok fellas I need some opinions for a new vest. I have had one of the primos gobbler vests since they were first brought out and it's been a decent vest for me over the years. But it's time for a new one. The vest I have I'm not crazy about the seat since it does not have much thickness to it and my butt goes to sleep fast lol. And it has very little padding in the back so when I'm against a tree it's pretty uncomfortable to sit for long periods of time
Thought about trying one of the lounger style vests that has a seat built in it but not sure on the weight of most of those. So was hoping to get some opinions from you all on some vests to check out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddie234

Do a search. There were numerous topics on vest not too long ago. everyone seemed to like the Cabelas tac tatr II.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

R AJ

Try doing a search on turkey vests on the OG site as this gets covered every year.

TauntoHawk

I haven't had many vests but the Tac Tater II from cabelas is a pretty well rounded vest. Its strong suite is exactly what yours is lacking, they have an excellent thick flip down cushion and a well backed back for sitting against trees with knots. The drawback of the padded back is that it doesn't breathe well in extremely hot conditions. The vest carries calls well and organized has plenty of pocket space. Box call pocket could be more robust to minimize noise and protect. I would rate the vest as on 8.5 out of 10 overall. My buddy has the tac tater I and similar seems to fit a long torso better and the II is better for a short torso, The II has a better pocket layout IMO. He also has the Kickstand, a little added weight but it's an excellent innovation for setting up on edge rows where a good tree might be near difficult to find. The added weight is also far less than carrying a detached chair and more convent as well. This might not be necessary for a timber hunter but hunting fields and brush country it's a pretty useful design. 
A lot of guys like the super elite III and there are usually some killer deals you can find online. That vest is a bit lighter weight and thinner so I'd imagine it would suite a warmer climate.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gooserbat

The Tactical Tater II is my vest. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

tomstopper

ohiomossyoak

I saw some of the cabelas brand vest are marked down online right now.I am a newbie and picked up the very feature lacking basic rem vest for 10$ or so used.After being in the woods with it. I can see I will be upgrading soon.The cabelas vest seem great but I am not ready to spend that kind of money yet. I am looking at the Tactical run n gun vest at walmart.For me it will be a upgrade..

Swyped while swerving via mobile device

"Mister X"=2013 Recon'ed Stryker Strykezone 380 covered in Mossy Oak Treestand camo(1inch groups@45yards off a bench with Slick Trick Broadheads)
"General Patton"=Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag/24in ported barrel in  woodland camo

Heller

I really like the scentblocker thunder chicken vest