OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Yelper ID Help

Started by jblackburn, April 27, 2014, 11:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

Going through a box of my hunting stuff, I found this yelper.  I think it's a Penns Woods, but not 100% sure.  Also not sure when I got it, guessing mid-90s.

Anyone know more than me? 

Thanks!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

jblackburn

Nobody?  If it's a piece of junk, just tell me!  :blob10:

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

larry9988

Looks to be a penn woods to me. I have one just like it I bought in the early 90's. I'm not saying it's a piece of junk. Certainly not up to custom trumpets I have, but it will call a turkey. It's not very pretty, but it was about the first production trumpet that I ever bought and it started a love for trumpets that has only gotten stronger the last twenty years.

jblackburn

Thanks for the info. I'm not the greatest with a suction call, but I have a hard time make this sound like a turkey.  I've got a wing bone that I  love, I think it has to do with the larger opening of the wing bone.

www.gooserbatcalls.com