turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Questions about camouflaging my shotgun

Started by Juan Gonzales, April 27, 2014, 11:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan Gonzales

I have an 870 that I was gonna turn into my turkey gun, it's parkerized and has the laminated stock. I was gonna buy the sure shot stock and I was wanting to camo it up. Now here's the question, would you have it cerecoted or dipped? Not sure what that will cost, or will spray painting last as long? Or do you really even need camo? I just feel stealthier when everything is camoed. What do you think?

WV Ridge Reaper

If you got the money someone has the time...it will run you about 200ish to have it dipped in camo.

Not sure about the other process.

Many and many of good dippers out there just have to find someone that fits the bill and you trust.I had my gun dipped by Color and Camo but my next one will be done by Rob Roberts crew.

redarrow

I'm partial to camo dipping. Turkeys couldn't care less,but I just like the way it looks.

jblackburn

I used Mossy Oak Graphics on one of my old shotguns.  Ran me $22 from Amazon and 2 hours of time.  Not as "perfect" as dipping, but I like it.  Also, you can take it off if you want.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

DirtNap647

Quote from: jblackburn on April 27, 2014, 11:36:04 PM
I used Mossy Oak Graphics on one of my old shotguns.  Ran me $22 from Amazon and 2 hours of time.  Not as "perfect" as dipping, but I like it.  Also, you can take it off if you want.
x2

captpete

X3   Here a pic of the bird I took this year using the gun I camo'ed with Mossy Oak Graphics....not a good pic of the gun, but gives you an idea what it looks likes.  I can take more / better pics of it if you are interested.

WildSpur

The camo is not necessary at all.  It is definitely for the hunter.  That being said I like camo.   I just had a 1300 dipped by Color and camo.  This is the 2nd time I used them and am still satisfied.  The nice thing about the dipping is that you are adding a layer of protection to your gun from the elements.   I have no experience with the gun graphics kits but have seen praise on here about them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

R AJ

A matte black is stealthy, cammoed is stylish + stealthy. Your choice. Birds have no opinion.

WyoHunter

Great advice!  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!