OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Daughters multi bearder from Maryland

Started by MDSTRUTNRUT, April 26, 2014, 09:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDSTRUTNRUT

Opening day had this bird in a field right after flydown with 4 hens and 3 decoys in front of daughters gun but a rushed 45 yards (later paced off) shot drew 1 feather and had him flying into the sunrise and out of sight.  He took a 3 day minivaca from this spot but showed back up with the ladies this week.   I had to work so boyfriend got the guide job for that AM.    This time no decoys and just a VERY FEW quiet call on a slate proved fatal.    Now as LUCK would have it she called me and said she had taken another double bearded tom.  When I got there she was VERY EXCITED and said she was wrong about the double beards I said what was the beard shot or wet and separated BUT SHE SAID NO HE HAS 4!  Now I've taken over 30 gobblers and JR had 15 or so and guess how many multiple beards NADDA!    She has turkey hunted for 3 years and taken 4 toms, 1 single beard, 2 double beards and now a 4 bearder MAN SOME THINGS JUST AREN'T FAIR!   He is a 2 yr old 20#er with 7/8" spurs and beards of 9-1/2, 6-1/2, 4-1/2 and 2-1/2.   I think the last pix says it all, she found that while we were turkey hunting the 2nd day of the season walking across a field just after sunup!    I can look all day at a patch of clover and only find a headache but she finds 4 leafers all the time BUT A 5 LEAFER NOW THAT'S SPECIAL AND SO IS SHE!    PROUD POPPA SAYS A BIG CONGRATS!

TJK68

:icon_thumright: Very nice Congrats to your daughter.

DirtNap647

sixbird

Wow! Stuff you dream about! Congrats to her!
My ex wife could find four leaf clover almost at will...Don't know that I've ever seen a five leaf before...

gobbler777

Hummmnnn...I've seen those pics somewhere before.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

HoggleGobble

ncturkey

Dan Mallia

RutnNStrutn

Don't feel bad, I've killed just shy of 40 gobbler and have yet to take a multi. Congrats to your daughter!! :icon_thumright:

albrubacker

Congrats to your daughter on a great bird!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Woodsman4God

Congrats to the young lady , great story and bird

WildSpur

Wow!  Great bird!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

WiLL B

tomstopper

Forget our favorite calls, she is just pure good luck. If I was you, I wouldn't hit the woods without her... Congrats to your daughter. Mighty impressive streak she's on....