Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

stoeger condor youth 20 gauge and Baikal MP18 20 gauge, who uses them

Started by stringtalker, April 26, 2014, 03:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringtalker

Does anybody use the stoeger condor youth 20 gauge or baikal MP18 20 gauge single shot for turkey hunting. Have you had any problems out of the guns and how do they pattern. thanks
Douglas

slicksbeagles1

My sons have had the condors for 7yrs with know problems and they shoot a good pattern with the ic or pg in .570 ans hevi 13 #7 out to 40yds. Even thought about getting me one

gobblergls

R AJ

I have the Baikal MP-18 with a truchoke thread done by Sumtoy and a Sumtoy 562-5 choke.
With Fed FC lead using #6s at 30 yds I get very good patterns and with Fed HW#7s they are good to 40. This was purchased for this spring as a take along and I did not get to try it on the real thing unfortunately. The gun itself is virtually indestructible and will be a keeper for me.

I just painted it with matte black BBQ paint and she disappears in a shade with no glare in any light.

Jourdan_D

I've been using the condor youth for. 5 years now. No issues to report. Pattern pics and in the link

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,34382.0.html

n2deer

Little late on the post but I also use the youth 20g condor.
No problems, other than the trigger is horrible.

Plan to get that taken care of. Don't mind the weight, just has a ton of travel. Its a joy to tote in the woods.

magnumgray

I shoot a TriStar Setter in 20 .... it's a great turkey gun to 40 yards ..... it's big advantage is selective trigger ..... Primos tight wad and hevi-shot for the long shots .... and a modified choke with  #6 lead for those under 25 yards ..... shoots a nice soccer ball sized pattern rather than a tennis ball ... sure alot harder to miss the close shots