Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Killed # 4, 5 and missed 6

Started by turkeykiller22, April 26, 2014, 03:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller22

Here is a short clip I put together for easter, figured I would share it with y'all.

Well its been a while since I've been on here... I have been busy with school and hunting. Last weekend my dad and I found 2 turkeys in a field. We couldn't do anything with them so we decided to put the crawl on them. The field they were in had grass about 2.5 ft tall so we crawled almost 350yards straight to them. Once we got about 75 yards from them we stopped and the came the rest of the way to us. We tried to double but dads gun clicked on him.... 

The next day we drove to the farm in TN and I got to watch him shoot a bird there!

Yesterday I went with my boss and he said that he had been hunting a bird for a few days, so we went after him. We split up I stayed on the ridge and he went to the bottom where the bird was roosted. I never called to him, only scratched the leaves with a wing. I was sitting right on the edge of of small cliff that was about 20 ft straight down. Once the bird hit the ground he came RUNNING straight to me. He got below the cliff and I thought he would go around in front of me about 40 yards where there was a small slope up it. Next thing I know I hear the leaves moving right next to me. I was already down on my gun so all i could do was cut my eyes. When i did he was stand there at 4 yards!!!! Needless to say he was a little spooky. Once he turned around to leave he ducked below the cliff and I didn't hesitate, I stood up and walked to the edge. At this point he was picking up speed and I did not take my time, I threw up and fired. A miss!!!! Oh well better luck next time!

I have had a bird here in MS that I have hunted 5 days, and I have NOT be able to kill him. I have never had a turkey do this to me, but he has!! The first day i hunted him I called him in to 35 yards but he would not cross a fence, which was the property line. I went back this morning and I was able to kill him right off the roost, which was the first time he has been roosted on my place.

The Lord has really blessed me with a wonderful  season, all the Glory goes to Him!

-Drew

Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

trkehunr93

5 outta 6 ain't bad!  Congrats on the great season.