News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NY youth season success

Started by troutfisher13111, April 26, 2014, 10:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfisher13111

Success!This is my 12 year olds first kill

We had a great morning! The birds flew down about 5:55 and he shot right around 6:30. Its a pretty young Jake with about a 1" beard. He was with 3 others. They were all gobbling and strutting out in a field. It was a perfect first hunt. The birds put on a great show and gave us a little bit of a fight, exactly what I wanted to happen.

At one time his leg was shaking so bad I had to put my hand on it to keep his gun from bouncing all over the place. He did great though and I was happy to be able to coach him through it. Definitely a great hunting moment. I couldn't have been more excited. We'll both be glowing for days.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Bigspurs68

Good job! I usually shake worse than my kids do when there is a bird in front of them. Congrats.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

nyhunter

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

njdevilsb

Congrats guys.  Sounds like another one who will be hooked for life.

trackerbucky

Congrats! He's hooked for sure.
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

TJK68

:icon_thumright: Great job and beautiful bird, Congrats!

DirtNap647

RutnNStrutn

Awesome!! Congrats to you and your boy! :icon_thumright:

tomstopper

Nice. Congrats to your boy and you. Good luck on Thursday.....

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Rick Howard

Congrats to you both.  That 870 looks familiar.  I got mine when I was 12.  It is still the one I use.

DranDran

Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk