turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

#3 takes a dirt nap

Started by reflexl, April 26, 2014, 09:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Killed this one this morning. I used my new favorite call. Clint Corder Osage/Glass. Its awesome to say the least.

20lbs 3oz, 7/8" spurs, 12" beard which is one of the longest I have taken

Mossberg 835 with Stardot .676 choke, Long beard 3.5-2-5  range 46 yards

Just a little farther than I like to shoot but the gun is throwing good consistent patterns that far. There was definitely more trauma to the bird than I got with the heavy13 #7 on another bird. The jury is still out as far as I am concerned. I like to see a vi sable impact when the shot hits the bird. I like to see the bird get rocked. The heavy #7 put about 40 pellets in the head and neck but none completely penetrated the head as I have been told they do. I ain't calling them a failure because the bird was dead.Its just not what I expected to see from the talk I have heard. Would I use the 7 again? Absolutely. I just like #5 lead better. reflexl

Dan Mallia

Gooserbat

Well Done and a well rope!!!
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

boomer

COssman14

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

TJK68

KYFrid

Congrats! I usually shoot Hevi 13 3 1/2 6's out of my 835 but I'm gonna have to try those longbeard # 5's.

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

DirtNap647

RutnNStrutn

Heck of a gobbler!! Congrats!! :icon_thumright:

tomstopper

Congrats on a great bird....

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase