OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nebraska 2014

Started by neal, April 26, 2014, 07:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

Hit my favorite state to chase turkeys again and had a great hunt as always!! Was able to take two very nice merriams one topping the scales at 23lbs with 1 1/4" spurs. And as always Brady with Heritage outfitters http://heritageoutfittersne.com managed his leases perfectly so they weren't over pressured and over hunted. 4 of us were able to take 7 birds with one guy having a few misses.  IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/26/ybumyrug.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

joey46

Congrats!  After the season I'll be asking you about info on that outfitter.  Too late for us to arrange things for 2014 but two of us are looking hard at 2015 for a Merriam.  Great pictures btw.  After ten years in Florida the snake picture was "cute" but of little concern.  If they are going to get you - they'll get you.  Snake boots or snake gators are as important as pants down here. :o.  Thanks for the post.

Gooserbat

Done Good!!! and nice pics.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

boomer

jblackburn

Nice pics!  Congrats on the birds!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Hersh

Great pics. Sounds like a great hunt. What area of Nebraska were u guys at. I am heading out Monday to  the Chadron area for a week   Haven't been out there in 10 yrs  can't wait. 

DirtNap647

Huntaholic

Quote from: Hersh on April 26, 2014, 08:07:54 PM
Great pics. Sounds like a great hunt. What area of Nebraska were u guys at. I am heading out Monday to  the Chadron area for a week   Haven't been out there in 10 yrs  can't wait.
I HOPE you are aware that basically the whole Chadron area has burned to a crisp! I started hunting there several years ago myself and up until a few years ago it was the most beautiful place Ive ever had the pleasure of chasing turkeys. We killed the snot out of em too. 3 maybe 4 years ago a LARGE portion of it burned but we were still able to kill birds. Then the very next year it burned AGAIN! This time, it pretty much wiped out all of my honeyholes. Last year we were still able to kill a few birds but it was nothing like it used to be. The truly sad part is that as slow as stuff grows out there, it will NEVER IN MY LIFETIME be as good or as beautiful as it once was.

neal

This area is southwest NE and the outfitters website is http://heritageoutfittersne.com if anyone is interested in 2015 archery or shotgun I'd recommend contacting Brady asap he books up very fast and most guys book for the next year before leaving like I did. One of the best outfitters I've ever hunted with he does a great job managing his properties so whether you're there for the opener or the last days of season you'll be on birds.

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

tomstopper

Congrats on some fine birds. Looks and sounds like you had an awesome time.....

RutnNStrutn

Gorgeous birds, congrats!!! :icon_thumright: I had a blast when I hunted Nebraska as well. Beautiful state!! Great pics, thanks for sharing!

Hersh

Yea I know it burned. Sounds like a real bummer.  They are still killing a bunch of birds on this place but have lost most of their deer herd. Ryan

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

WNY Bowhunter

Sounds like an awesome hunt and a great outfitting operation.  I just emailed Brady for dates and rates for next spring...
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."