OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Not a good day!

Started by MazeNBlu3, April 25, 2014, 10:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MazeNBlu3

My buddy sends me a text message at 2 o"clock his season is over. Bagged his bird at 8 steps, I know super close. Anyway I get off of work and hit the woods. 4 hours and 2 miles later I have nothing to show for my afternoon. Not a sound all afternoon,and the place I chose for my quick afternoon out normally has lots of birds. The wind was barley moving and no one else hunts there. I'm at a loss as to where the birds have gone, anyone have some friendly advice?

Bigspurs68

Maybe just one of those days. 2 days ago, we hardly heard a bird. Yesterday they tore it up. Keep after em.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

Bama turkey hunter

There still there just tight liped
Tony

learn2hide

patience...been on birds before that I could see clearly in roost trees...nothing in the dark, nothing at daylight, nothing by 10am...they flew down and never made a sound....sometimes they just don't do it...if you had the secret and could figure that out you'd have yourself a million dollar idea
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

DirtNap647

just blessed to be out there

Ishi

Sounds like my hunt dead all day! Same weather conditions are you sure you wasn't with me lol I am back at it this morning
The Spirit Lives On

MazeNBlu3

Thanks for the support, I'm gonna need it heading out this morning.

jblackburn

Probably still around, just not in the mood.

See any sign? Scratches, tracks, feathers, crap??
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

surehuntsalot

Move around until you find sign in the area,set up and do some blind calling"prospecting" as I call,sooner or later something will happen.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase