turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First home state bird with Yingling

Started by alclark2, April 25, 2014, 02:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alclark2

I've been to Alabama and harvested a few birds but I got my first Indiana bird today. It's been a long 5 years on public land. Mike Yingling copper call did him in.   

I Heard a lot of gobbling but not close to my setup. I switched up spots. It sounded like a lot of action across the road and a half a mile away. I got setup again around 8 and no gobbling. I hit them hard with some cutting on a box call and they gobbled once. They never gobbled again and I started getting discouraged. I was in an unfamiliar public spot but went for broke.  I was halfway looking for morels and calling with my copper pot every 50 yards or so when a hen popped up just over the hill looking at me. I had to stand there for probably 3 minutes while she skirted my effective range. I waited and probably 50 yards behind her were two gobblers. I didn't know they were even there. Well, the first rope and red head that I identified got the 6s at 40ish yards through 835 with Indian Creek .675 choke. My season was over at 9:00 on opening day. 9 7/8" beard and 7/8" spurs roughly. Public land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

goblr77

JALA Strut

bigdoc

COssman14

Congrats

Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

troutfisher13111

Congrats and awesome color on that bird!

Rokhal07

Bigspurs68

Pretty bird. I hunted a bird that looked just like him in WV. several years ago. I called him Redman....r.i.p.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

beagler

Never Misses

TJK68

boomer

Congrats!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

DirtNap647

alclark2

Thanks everyone!

Hoosier Hunt n Fish

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.