Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Not an upgrade, but another tag filled!

Started by trkehunr93, April 24, 2014, 06:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

Got lucky yesterday morning,  hunted a small hay field near where I had seen 3 gobblers with hens the day before and I figured they would roost along the ridge that runs along the creek.  So I drove across the creek yesterday AM and put my pop up blind at the edge of the field and a couple of hen dekes and settle in hoping I would be out of the wind somewhat where I was at.  We had 15+ mph winds with gusts so my blind was rockin a little bit.  Most of the morning all I had was a couple of hens feed in and out of the field until 10:45, no gobbling at all, when I hear two coarse clucks and I think those hens are back?  I look out the back window and don't see anything so I get turned around and look to my left and I jump a bit because I have two gobblers in half strut at 20 yards.  I melt back into my seat so I can get my gun and I'm able to get it up thanks to the decoys and give a nice 2 year old bird a dirt nap with a face full of Win. HV 3.5" 5's.  It was a long quiet, windy, non gobbling morning but knowing what your turkeys will do pays off.  . Here is the hens

.  Here's the gobbler

Weighed 18.7 lbs and had 9.5" beard spurs were and inch and other was about 5/8".  Good luck to everyone else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boomer

WV Ridge Reaper

JVA54

davisd9

Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

turkeykiller22

Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/