OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rem 870 trigger job?

Started by Y@, April 23, 2014, 06:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Y@

Any of you folks shooting a Rem 870 with either the timmney trigger fix or a honed trigger from a gunsmith?  I had to swing and shoot a bird this past weekend while shooting a buddies gun and I'm convinced that I need a nicer trigger on my gun.
I shoot rifles with really good triggers and feel like I'm fighting with the 870 trigger.

allaboutshooting

I have both. Many gunsmiths do not want to work on triggers, for obvious reasons and I understand their position. I'm also reluctant to have that done by even a very competent smith due to the fact that one day I may sell my guns and the buyer may not realize just how sensitive the trigger is.

The Timney Trigger Fix, while expensive, is a better alternative. It can be installed and removed at your will.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

VAarrowslinger

Patriot sear spring is said to help a rem trigger

Snoodsniper

I had the trigger on my BPS done by Rob Roberts. It's set at 3.5 lbs.. Now when I shoot my 870 it feels terrible. I'm thinking about trying the Timney fix. I have a Timney in my deer rifle and it's awesome. At 100 bucks its no more expensive than a trigger job.

jordanz7935

I got the patriot sear spring for mine and it made quite a difference.For $15 i don't think u can go wrong.

grayfox

The Patriot sear spring will help a bunch.  I also cut the end of the spring off mine just a tad. Be very careful doing this. You don't want get it too light or the gun won't function properly & could be unsafe.

Y@

Never heard of a patriot sear and spring. What is it?  Forum member or ebay seller makes and sells them?  Where do I learn more about them and buy them if interested?

SumToy

This is a big safety thing.  I have had them come in that I was not comfortable with.    You can order above spring or cut the one you have.    Now that would be all I would do to a hunting gun.  You start to sand on parts that is when they start to do stupid stuff.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

jordanz7935