only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2 year old in NE MO...broken beard???

Started by learn2hide, April 23, 2014, 12:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

learn2hide

definitely don't care...I was dancin  :jackson: :you_rock:
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

Dan Mallia

Great bird!!! Congrats.

We had a similar thing with the birds in this video:  http://youtu.be/wHx07t6XYvQ

After I whacked the bird on film, my buddy shot the the other bird (went out of camera frame). When we went to retrieve him, he had bigger spurs and was heavier than the bird I shot with the bigger beard. We figured beard rot. 

learn2hide

Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

RutnNStrutn

I hunted a ranch in Nebraska one year. We saw several full fan strutters with jakelike beards. We asked the rancher about this. He said in the winters their beards drag the ground and accumulate ice. When the ice ball gets big enough, their beards snap off. I was fortunate to get one with a 10 inch beard that trip.
Congrats on your gobbler!! 23-1/2 pounds isn't a superjake!!

Sent from my 1950's rotary phone using Tapatalk

stinkpickle

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

learn2hide

Quote from: stinkpickle on April 24, 2014, 06:42:58 PM
He trimmed it down to a soul patch.  ;)

That's funny right there... :TooFunny:

I'm going to tell everyone that I shot a 2 year old gobbler with 3/4" spurs and a soul patch! Love it

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase