OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2 year old in NE MO...broken beard???

Started by learn2hide, April 23, 2014, 12:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

learn2hide

Had a great first morning in MO...strutter following 2 hens broke away and came to my jake and hen decoy...smoked him at 25 steps....23.5 lbs 3/4" spurs and ALMOST NO BEARD but full fan and 2 year old spurs...with the horrible winter we had I'm guessing it simply froze and broke...doesn't look like beard rot. What do you think?  He put on a show.  My dad killed one this morning so we are tagged out for week 1.  Time to plant food plots and do some controlled burning ahead of some rain forecasted.  Hope you all have the same good fortune.
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

DirtNap647

JALA Strut

ShortSpurs

No matter .... 23.5#s?,

mighty fine bird there!

learn2hide

No doubt and he put on a show footage was fantastic
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

tomstopper

boomer

longbeard11

My buddy missed a big bird in VA on Saturday that had a beard identical to this one, but full fan, big gobble and was a really heavy bird.  Couldnt believe when he took off all I saw was a little nub beard, but I bet the exact same thing happened to him.  Crazy! 

congrats on a nice bird, big heavy sucker!!

mudhen

Toad!  Froze most likely.

Great tom!!!!

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

spencerhoosier

Killed one in Nebraska a week ago that had a double beard. One was about 9 inches and the other just had a small nub like that. I assumed that somehow only one rotted off.

hunter-b

learn2hide

I could see clearly in the camera that he didn't have a beard but I knew it was a full fan and a great show....pretty obvious as you can see.  Had another buddy remind me you can't eat beards!! LOL

TnRidgeRunner

That was no super jake...you got shorted on bear but I bet you don't even care. I wouldn't at least, good 2yr old. Congrats