turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 835

Started by turkeystrut, April 22, 2014, 08:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeystrut

I have an old 835 ulti-mag shotgun with the x-full choke and I was wondering what tube constriction would the factory choke would be?Does anybody know?
gotta love the outdoors!

turkeystrut

I  have all these views ,but no replies. :jesus-cross:
gotta love the outdoors!

SCDieselDawg

I going to throw out a wild guess. I have a 835 and a 935 but I haven't seen the factory chokes in years. I'm guessing its a .695 but don't hold me to it.

ericjames

I had one of my 835 come with a .670 it didn't have any ports. The one that came in my newest had a .695 and it had ports.

ILIKEHEVI-13

If this is the choke you are talking about, it's .695. 

jblackburn

Is it the extended or flush tube?
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

DirtNap647

turkeystrut

Fellers, my  barrel  has the flush type  tube that you use the little wrench with it. Sorry about that,I should've  made my self clearer.
gotta love the outdoors!

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: turkeystrut on April 23, 2014, 04:54:30 PM
Fellers, my  barrel  has the flush type  tube that you use the little wrench with it. Sorry about that,I should've  made my self clearer.

I think the xtra full flush mount choke i have is like .697.

BigHeadBoy

I used a micrometer on mine and it was .695. Mine was a older 835 that came with this choke. I think I bought mine back in 1996

allaboutshooting

I had one of the first 835s and it came with a flush mounted extra-full choke tube. I have no idea what the e.d. was. That gun had some kind of camo pattern on it. I had a friend that wanted it more than I did and I sold it to him. I've had a few more over the years, each of them better than the other in both quality and patterning. Now, I'm shooting the latest iteration with the LPA trigger and the Matthews Harmonic Dampner recoil reduction system. I'm evaluating it for a "Product Test" article on my site.

I'm shooting a real variety of turkey chokes, probably more than I've ever done in one of these evaluations, and seeing some real variations in patterns but frankly, all are very good which speaks well of the gun.

All my best to all of you shooting the 835.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

jblackburn

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 23, 2014, 05:48:52 PM
Quote from: turkeystrut on April 23, 2014, 04:54:30 PM

I think the xtra full flush mount choke i have is like .697.

I could be wrong, but I thought the flush mounted one was like .705?  Who knows.  The extend ones are the .695
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

turkeystrut

I  think I purchase the 835 back in 1998.
gotta love the outdoors!

PEHunter

It hit me that I may have that choke.  The one I have is marked x-full, 715.  If you zoom in on the pics you can read the markings. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

runningdeer

Quote from: allaboutshooting on April 23, 2014, 06:52:00 PM
I had one of the first 835s and it came with a flush mounted extra-full choke tube. I have no idea what the e.d. was. That gun had some kind of camo pattern on it. I had a friend that wanted it more than I did and I sold it to him. I've had a few more over the years, each of them better than the other in both quality and patterning. Now, I'm shooting the latest iteration with the LPA trigger and the Matthews Harmonic Dampner recoil reduction system. I'm evaluating it for a "Product Test" article on my site.

I'm shooting a real variety of turkey chokes, probably more than I've ever done in one of these evaluations, and seeing some real variations in patterns but frankly, all are very good which speaks well of the gun.

All my best to all of you shooting the 835.

Thanks,
Clark

Clark please let us know when your product review is done!

Thanks!