OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

REDEMPTION!!!!

Started by jakesdad, April 22, 2014, 10:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

After yesterdays fiasco of knocking down a bird two times and losing him,today I moved to the east side of the farm I was hunting as I had heard birds in there earlier during several of my morning listening sessions.Had 2 birds close to where I was set up and 2-3 more in the near distance.He doesn't gobble much on the roost but really lights it up once he's down.Gave a few yelps on my Hot Hen and he's coming hard.Figure he would stick to the road that is from his roost tree to where I am but of course he stays inside the timber line about 20 yds.He comes into view struttin and hammerin,wont give me a clear shot.He gets almost to where I can shoot and her comes a hen.Why not,thats how my luck has been.She walks right between the two of us about 15 yds from me going the other way!He breaks strut and kinda has that "hey aint I good enough for ya" look and proceeds to follow right after her. He didn't make it.

22 lbs 13 oz  10 " beard  1 1/8" spurs. Done at 7:00 am.

Lets say I am in a much better mood today.Have pics up later.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

DirtNap647

congrats way to hang in there

TJK68

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

boomer

JALA Strut

Congrats ...Redemption does feel good!

taylorjones20

I was expecting to see this thread today!  I was pulling for you!  Congrats!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Rokhal07

bmhern

Congrats, nice bird!
                                    :icon_thumright:

Spring_Woods

Congrats
Love the emotional shift that happens in da turkey woods! :D
Zero to hero in one day!
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

slamman

nice bird how about posting some pics

learn2hide

Congrats...me and dad are 2 for 2 now...both great hunts.  Sucks when one gets away but without it you never would have gotten to hunt today!  :you_rock:
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

COssman14

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".