OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Post your numbers with Hevi-13 7's

Started by VAlongbeard84, March 16, 2011, 02:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAlongbeard84

Guys, looking to see if EM changed their hevi-13 3" 1.25 oz. 7's this year. If you have bought a box of these shells this year and patterned them, what kind of numbers are you getting?? Let me know. Just curious if they are shooting as well this year as last year?? Post your numbers in a 10" at 40 yards, gun, and choke combo please. Thanks!

TrackeySauresRex

I have a couple of boxes from last season. The numbers were in the 160's. I did buy some new boxes this season and It will be a week or two befor I shoot. I will definately let the OG population in on it.
B-Well
Johnny
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

J Gilbert

I got 181 last year with an 870 youth, 21" unpolished barrel, .555 IC choke

jakesdad

dang,i'm only gettin about 120-130 at 40 with a 870 and a .570 jellyhead.figured I was doin ok but compared to you guys im laggin behind.oh well i guess she'll hunt :z-guntootsmiley:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Hardtime_NC

T/C Encore
.555 IC
170-180 in a 10" @ 40yds
Theres no dollar sign on a piece of mind!

VAlongbeard84

Georgiaboy83 and Hardtime, did you guys buy these hevi-13 7's this year or was they left over from last year?? There is alot of concern that EM changed the 12 gauge 7's this year, trying to find out if they did the 20 gauge 7's also??
Thanks

R AJ

Quote from: jakesdad on March 16, 2011, 07:49:05 PM
dang,i'm only gettin about 120-130 at 40 with a 870 and a .570 jellyhead.figured I was doin ok but compared to you guys im laggin behind.oh well i guess she'll hunt :z-guntootsmiley:

And you will be killing birds at close range that others "barely" missed.

Hardtime_NC

Yes.  I got them through a distributor that just got them in about a month ago.  I can't compare them to last years because this is the first year I have ever shot the 7's.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: RAJ on March 16, 2011, 09:34:33 PM
Quote from: jakesdad on March 16, 2011, 07:49:05 PM

And you will be killing birds at close range that others "barely" missed.

Exactly Right
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

VAlongbeard84

Georgiaboy and Hardtime, can you guys do me a favor? Both of the numbers you guys posted are comparable with numbers from last year, can you look at your boxes if you still have them and open them and post the lot numbers printed on the box. Just trying to get an idea of how they are patterning this year. Thanks for the help guys!

VAlongbeard84

What lot number did you get your pattern from?? Thanks a bunch.

VAlongbeard84

Haven't seen that before. Thanks for the info though man!! I really appreciate it. I got 7 boxes coming tomorrow and I am trying to get some lot numbers to compare them to. I will have my eyes open for those lot numbers!

TrackeySauresRex

Last years for me were 100903. The ones I ordered this year are 100991.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

CB on the run

Mid 180's for my Rem 1100 RSF ported.
How many cases in a lot?

CB

Hardtime_NC

The numbers on two of the boxes I have shot are the same:  100991