OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Light It Up BLUE!!!!

Started by OldHen, March 16, 2011, 02:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldHen

As many of you know, Shannon and I  have an autistic son .  There are members on the board here that have loved ones as well afflicted by autism (and I have LOVED chatting with you and swapping stories!).

On the evenings of April 1 and 2, 2011, prominent buildings across North America and the world — including the Empire State Building in New York City and the CN Tower in Toronto, Canada — will turn their lights blue to raise awareness for autism and to commemorate World Autism Awareness Day on Saturday, April 2.

If I can pull it off, I will be changing the OG board to ALL BLUE for those days in our effort to help spread awareness as well -- so in case you log-on those days and see a NEW LOOKING BOARD, its only temporarily to reflect this organization and its efforts.

http://www.lightitupblue.org/

Do your part and wear something
BLUE April 2 and spread the awareness...Autism  is more common than childhood cancer, juvenile diabetes and pediatric AIDS combined.

redarrow

Super great idea.God bless. :cross2: :cross2: :cross2:

ghillie

SinGin

Thanks for the warning Annie. Atleast it wont be Hello Kitty stuff, wink, wink.

stinkpickle

mason0366

Hognutz

You go, Girl. May I ask what your son's name is? Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bowhunter84

OldHen

Quote from: SinGin on March 16, 2011, 02:50:58 PM
Thanks for the warning Annie. Atleast it wont be Hello Kitty stuff, wink, wink.

LOl.... not this go around...but one day LOL :TooFunny: :TooFunny:  Pity it lands near April Fools day, eh?

OldHen

Quote from: Hognutz on March 16, 2011, 02:59:05 PM
You go, Girl. May I ask what your son's name is? Mike :you_rock:

His name is Colin --- sweet as can be... when behaviors are under control!!

MC

Excellent idea. My little 4 y/o nephew has recently been diagnosed as autistic. I will be in the woods all day that day, but I'll make it a point to dig around for some blue skivvies to wear under my camo.

Hootowl

Will do OldHen, Great Idea, Prayers sent to, as I am sure there are days its tough.
Hoot

mossy835

spur collector