OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

finally!

Started by loner, April 19, 2014, 03:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loner

this tom has been giving me fits entire season but finally got his due reward.last two mornings i was set up within 100 yards at daylight and hen would entice him to fly down opposite direction each time.i had called him wothin 100 yards several times before but he would not see the hen[me] and turn and walk off and stop gobbling.today,i went back to my truck and had a cup of coffee and rested my legs and decided to go back.i set up about 400 yards in opposite direction and used soft calling with copper call and was shocked when after about 30 minutes he had come from nowhere and gobbled about 100 yards away in the open pasture.there was a little rise and he was hidden from sight.i called and he gobbled again.i put my gun up and waited until his head popped up about 40 yards away.the frustration was over.he had limbhangers a little over 1 1/4" a 10 1/4' BEARD AND WEIGHTED 17#
just an ole' retired man that still believes in values,and common courtesy.

boomer

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

highcj5

nice.  feels good to get one like that, when you feel he has you whooped.

DirtNap647

JVA54

TnRidgeRunner

Nothing like killing the un-killable bird. Congrats and way to stick with it!!!  :z-guntootsmiley:

Pressured Gobbler

Were did ya kill that green field gobbler ?... What state

COssman14

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

Rokhal07

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

loner

Quote from: Pressured Gobbler on April 19, 2014, 10:24:48 PM
Were did ya kill that green field gobbler ?... What state
no green field.cow pastures.north mississippi
just an ole' retired man that still believes in values,and common courtesy.

peewee

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on finally getting him!!

Sent from my 1950's rotary phone using Tapatalk

JALA Strut