OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Opening day 1 miss and then one hit

Started by mossy835, April 19, 2014, 02:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossy835

So on opening day the morning hunt turned into a winner for the tom's as they would not come in. Then into the woods and I walked up on one tom shot and missed. The afternoon was different as two toms came in and only one left. The bird weighed 22 pounds and had a true 9 inch beard but the odd thing was he has some hairs in his beard that were 14 inches long. Enjoy!!

Jbird22

Congrats! I've got to take a Merriams trip one day. Those birds have the most beautiful tail fans of all the sub-species!

DirtNap647

congrats hair dresser must have missed a few strands... :icon_thumright:

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Hognutz

Congrats, Mike.. Great to see that it turned around for you.. Ooh-Rah!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

JVA54

chadly

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

jblackburn

Congrats! According to the NWTF, beards are measured to the longest hair, so call it a 14 inch beard!!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

mikejd

Quote from: jblackburn on April 20, 2014, 12:40:30 AM
Congrats! According to the NWTF, beards are measured to the longest hair, so call it a 14 inch beard!!

This is true, 14" beard it is. Congrats beautiful bird.

RutnNStrutn

Glad you were able to turn your opener around with a beautiful gobbler! Congrats!!!

Sent from my 1950's rotary phone using Tapatalk

boomer

trackerbucky

Congrats.  Sounds like a great day. And I agree, By rule that's a 14 inch beard.
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

datrip

Whatever is over my head is under His feet.
Member of the Tenth Legion since 2007