OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally

Started by bamahunter, April 18, 2014, 07:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamahunter

Well I'm a bit rusty as I took about a 6 yr layoff from turkey hunting after we moved to a new area and added a couple of kids... if you've been there before, you understand. Took my wife on the opener this yr and she actually missed one (made me sick but glad that she had a good time and wants to go back).

Got out this morning and lucked out on a hot trio of gobblers. I didn't squeeze the trigger on the strutters because they stayed back about more 15yds and just didn't present a good shot (or I wasn't patient enough). However, I was just happy to get this 2yr old to knock the rust off and have some turkey meat. Shooting an old Mossberg 835, 24" barrell, jellyhead choke, Winchester Supremes #6 (last shell from a 10yr old box), and dropped him at 35yds. Bird had 9" beard with both spurs just a little over 3/4".

JALA Strut

JVA54

Stephen Fortenberry

Congrats, good job bud!

beagler

Never Misses

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on knocking off the rust!!! :icon_thumright:

DirtNap647

Rokhal07

Gooserbat

Well Done and Welcome Back.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

trackerbucky

Congrats!  Sounds like it didn't take long to shake the rust off.
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

DirtNap647

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

kwc

nice bird congrats

slamman

captin_hook