turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbler Call

Started by StruttinGobbler3, March 16, 2011, 11:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

Anyone on here used the Primos Gobbler Shaker tube? It has some real good reviews and Cabelas has them on sale for ten bucks. If they're as good as claimed then I'd be happy to give ten dollars for one. I hunt all private land, so danger from other hunters is not really an issue. Anyone use it or had any success with it?
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

bowhunter84

i have one and it sounds pretty good.

tjh24

How big is the call?  I have been trying to learn to gobble on a diaphram, but it doesnt sound so good.  I was just curious as to its size , because I would get one too.

Reloader

I've used a shaker with some success.  Mine sounds more like a Jake trying to gobble than an older bird. 

Much easier to gobble on a tube call than a diaphram for me. Cup your hands over the end and blow it like feed chuckling for a mallard. 

bowhunter32

i have the gobbler shaker..works well

fallhnt

I use them all the time,spring and fall.The only thing I have found with my new Primos one is that it doesn't work cold.I put it under my coat and warm it up.Another fine MADE IN CHINA product.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

surehuntsalot

I have one and use it from time to time
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

TauntoHawk

sounds more like a jake than a tom... only tried once in the field at a hen to see here reaction before i use it on a gobbler.... I figured she'd pay no attention or run away not having much confidence

she walked the 300yds straight at us yapping and carrying on the whole time. proved to me 2 things

sounds real to the turkeys
and thats why its so hard to call gobbers in, the hens really do come to them in nature.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bowhunter84

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 16, 2011, 10:52:14 PM
sounds more like a jake than a tom... only tried once in the field at a hen to see here reaction before i use it on a gobbler.... I figured she'd pay no attention or run away not having much confidence

she walked the 300yds straight at us yapping and carrying on the whole time. proved to me 2 things

sounds real to the turkeys
and thats why its so hard to call gobbers in, the hens really do come to them in nature.
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Gobble!

I had one from primos and one from hs strut never had any luck with them

stinkpickle

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 16, 2011, 10:52:14 PM
...and thats why its so hard to call gobbers in, the hens really do come to them in nature.

BINGO!!!  And that's why you shoot the hens first.   :D