OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gooserbat gobbler!!

Started by WillH, April 17, 2014, 10:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillH

Here's my second bird of the season :) I've been hunting a new piece of property I leased this year 2 miles from home. It's 400acres of open cattle ground with about 60 of woods. I have lost to these birds more times than I'd like to admit  :angry9:  Its been mostly spot and stalk all season and more afternoons than anything after work. Anyway, this morning I decided to be a little late for work and try my luck. I had three gobble to my hoots about 5:40 so hurried in and got setup along a logging road in the creek bottom. I was able to move in under 100yds from em. I gave em a few tree yelps with my slate and got cut off by a gobble. I didn't say anything else until I was pretty sure I heard the ol boy fly down. Then I did my best fly down cackle with my new gooserbat mouth call "heckler" and got him all fired up. It wasn't long and he came in on a string. Shot him at 34 steps at 6:20 this morning. Only made me 30 min late for work! Couldn't ask for a better start to my work day!  :turkey2:

21 lbs
1" spurs
8" beard
3" LB #6's

Rokhal07

Hognutz

Congrats on the nice gobbler. He is a stinkin' dandy!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Tom Dooley

boomer

Gooserbat

Well Done, and email me a pic for the fb page. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Bigspurs68

Momma said "Kill that turkey"

JVA54

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your Gooserbat gobbler!! :icon_thumright:

DirtNap647

Illini Tom

BigAL64