OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just sent this to E M

Started by drum817, March 16, 2011, 09:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes

I can't help myself....................Any of you girls call to see what the other one was wearing today?

drum817

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 18, 2011, 02:35:53 PM
Quote from: SR1 on March 18, 2011, 01:03:53 PM
Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 16, 2011, 09:24:55 PM
I bought 3 boxes of the 3.5 inch 2 1/4 ounce #7 loads from from Macks Prarie Wings last month and their lot number is also #300488.  And they will not pattern as good as last year's loads--Lot #300325.   But the 3 boxes of the 3 inch 2 ounce #7's that I also bought from MPW last month had the same lot # as my loads from last year--#200778.  Hevi Shot has definitely changed something in the 2 1/4 ounce shell!!!  But, for them, it's par for the course.  They will never learn!! :help:
Dang I guess I lucked out with the 2 boxes I bought this year the lot is #300325. I havent had a chance to shoot any of them yet so will put my numbers up when I do to compare with everyone else.
Would you mind telling me where you bought those loads with last year's lot number??

IF memory serves me correct...I got mine a Midsouth shooters supply....my lot # is 300325
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

goblr77

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 18, 2011, 02:39:47 PM
Here's what another guy said in another forum about this same stuff we are talking aobut here.

"I opened a couple shells last year becauce I was getting different results when I was patterning. What I found was that some shells contained a differant type buffer. Not sure why they would change but they were different. The shells were from two different boxes but same size, load, and length."

I believe some of the buffer was flax seed and some looked like a silicone ball.

SR1

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 18, 2011, 02:35:53 PM
Quote from: SR1 on March 18, 2011, 01:03:53 PM
Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 16, 2011, 09:24:55 PM
I bought 3 boxes of the 3.5 inch 2 1/4 ounce #7 loads from from Macks Prarie Wings last month and their lot number is also #300488.  And they will not pattern as good as last year's loads--Lot #300325.   But the 3 boxes of the 3 inch 2 ounce #7's that I also bought from MPW last month had the same lot # as my loads from last year--#200778.  Hevi Shot has definitely changed something in the 2 1/4 ounce shell!!!  But, for them, it's par for the course.  They will never learn!! :help:
Dang I guess I lucked out with the 2 boxes I bought this year the lot is #300325. I havent had a chance to shoot any of them yet so will put my numbers up when I do to compare with everyone else.
Would you mind telling me where you bought those loads with last year's lot number??
I got mine from Midsouth.
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

dpittman

Just shot one of the new H13 7"s. Looking at the wad it does appear to be slightly differnent. Last year the wad was a very long B&P wad (I think). this wad def appears change somewhat.Is it possible that B&P changed their wad a little. The buffer I think is still PSB the way it imprints the wad. Last years wad had 4 little holes above the gas seal at the bottom of the cup and this new wad does not. Even the color is a little diff.

woodchip

I just got the  numbers off my shells I order a month ago from Mack's it is 300488.  I got 165 in 10 at 40yds with a .660 Jellyhead, and 210 in 10 at 40yds with my StarDot.  This is my first time patterning 3.5/2.25/7s so I don't know what my gun would have done before the changes if they have changed.  I am happy with 210 so I'm glad I bought 10 boxes and all of them have the same lot number.

BowBendr

I guess what I find as most odd is the fact that no matter where the shells came from, we're only dealing with 2 lot numbers (or that's the 2 main ones that have come up in discussion).

So does EM only use 1 lot number for each year ? Or do they run multiple lots in 1 year ?

All my 3.5" #7 shells from last year came from Cheaper than Dirt and were lot #300325, with those shells out of my 835 and a StarDot averaged about 300 in 10 @ 40 yds.

All of this years purchases came from Midway USA and are lot #300488. Ya'll got me worried as i've not shot any of these yet...I only have one full box of the 300325's left.

I just find it hard to believe that 1 whole years production falls under only 1 lot number.  :begging:

dpittman

Both of my boxes are 300514 but one of them also has 300326 and 300514 underneath it.
These were just purchased at Natchez. 3.5/2.25/7   Why would one box have two lot numbers printed in it. I am interested to see if my wad observation is correct so if anyone shoots one of the new ones and has an old one to compare to please comment.

dpittman

One more thing: I have 3.5" heavy-goose and 3.5" dead coyote and all the wads EM uses all appear to be B&P (or clone). These are all older loads.

ncturkey

I just finished reading all of ya'll post. I feel your pain. I am still mad at Federal for changing to the flightcontrol wad's. But they did tell us they were changing. I was just liking of tring some of the Hevi 13 #7 loads. I think I have heard ya'll talk about this before. This is making me want to get into the reloading of Html's and the TSS loads. If ya'll would make a list of the lot's that ya'll have had problems with so I could avoid them if I decide to give them a try. All those with email's out to EM keep us updated. Thanks, Mike

shootumindaface

I Thought last year EM took wad production in house

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 19, 2011, 09:34:29 AM
I Thought last year EM took wad production in house

Thats what I remember, who knows the real deal.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

gatrkyhntr70

dpitman reminded me of the small vents in the wads, heres what I have
lot#300325 3.5" #7s vents in bottom of wad petals ; I had excellent patterns from these. 300 range

Lot #300488 3.5" #7s had no vents different wad, Poor patterns compared to other lot # holes appeared more like 6's.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

VAlongbeard84

I tested alot of these shells last year, and they patterned very well. I hate to see you guys having such a tough time trying to get these shells to pattern. This shouldn't be this way IMO, but it appears the wad may be the culprit. Last years lots that I shot and had great luck with were the 300325 and 300326. I stocked up on the 300326 just in case this appened, sure glad I did now. As for 20 gauge users, the 100903 and the 100991 are great shooting lot numbers too. These wads also have the vents in them in the 20 gauge shells, and they are putting up between 165-180, with 181 being my highest to date from them. It's really sad that the 20 gauge shells are putting up almost as good of numbers as the 12 gauge now!!!! What's up EM?????

chipper

I found the box from last years shells and it is Lot #300325, I shot a few patterns last year that broke 300 with my best being 312, I shot one from lot # 300488 this morning, I got 277  in the 10" AT 30 YARDS!!!!!!! I'm going to Jackson Tn. tday to pick up some Nitro's.