turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just sent this to E M

Started by drum817, March 16, 2011, 09:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkpickle

Ya know what's funny?  Even if you pattern a gun/choke/shell combo to 300 hits, and you unknowingly pop in a bad shell (let's say a 100-hitter) on opening morning, there's probably a 99.9% chance neither the bird nor you will know any different.   ;)

WildSpur

Man!  I don't need to hear this!  I had good luck with the 3/2/6 load.  Bought 2 boxes of 2010 MagBlends to try with a new set up and have yet to shoot them.  I am hearing this years MB are better than last.

I do know their customer service could be better.  I sent an e-mail on 1/6/11 this year asking about the magblends.  I did not get a response until 1/29/11.  I was then told my 3" MB averaged ~294 pellets/round.  I am presuming he meant 394. 

Cluck more, yelp less

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: bird on March 17, 2011, 11:24:42 PM
Hey guys.... I believe what Shannon was trying to say in a very polite way as to live with it and drop it.  And I can guarantee you that he does not want anyone tying OG with any complaints over EM. 

Bird,
I dont think anyones trying to speak for og,
I was in belief that here on og we shared info on patterning different turkey loads,chokes and talk turkey guns. Theres alot of people here stating a noticeable change in these loads from last year, I think its only fair that hevi let their customers know so they can decide before spending money on the shells.
The great thing about a site like this is people can find out whats getting good results before buying and save them some time and money. Is this wrong?
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

knightrider

Fullfan

leviSS

You should be okay, I purchased all my shells last year in May. All put up good numbers.

Don't gobble at me...

LeviSS

Quote from: Fullfan on March 18, 2011, 09:31:57 AM
leviSS

You should be okay, I purchased all my shells last year in May. All put up good numbers.

Great.  Thanks.

doepee

Where the heck do you find the lot numbers on the boxes?

SKFOOTER

On the bottom side of the top flap.

doepee

Thanks---was looking on the outside of the boxes , bought 3 boxes 3 in 7s and 2 boxes of 3.5 in 7s , after hearing about them and now hearing this I sure hope I didnt waste alot of money!! :icon_thumright:

drum817

I got a PM from a guy on this board who is gonna send me 3.5", #7 from this years lot.  I am gonna go to a buddy of mine who does a TON of reloading and together we will see if we can get to the bottom of this.  It may take a week or so....be patient.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 18, 2011, 10:50:50 AM
Quote from: drum817 on March 18, 2011, 10:47:01 AM
I got a PM from a guy on this board who is gonna send me 3.5", #7 from this years lot.  I am gonna go to a buddy of mine who does a TON of reloading and together we will see if we can get to the bottom of this.  It may take a week or so....be patient.

Good Deal :icon_thumright:
Yep!  :icon_thumright:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

SR1

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 16, 2011, 09:24:55 PM
I bought 3 boxes of the 3.5 inch 2 1/4 ounce #7 loads from from Macks Prarie Wings last month and their lot number is also #300488.  And they will not pattern as good as last year's loads--Lot #300325.   But the 3 boxes of the 3 inch 2 ounce #7's that I also bought from MPW last month had the same lot # as my loads from last year--#200778.  Hevi Shot has definitely changed something in the 2 1/4 ounce shell!!!  But, for them, it's par for the course.  They will never learn!! :help:
Dang I guess I lucked out with the 2 boxes I bought this year the lot is #300325. I havent had a chance to shoot any of them yet so will put my numbers up when I do to compare with everyone else.
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

swampy

OG I want to apologize for my comment on being low. I think everyone should know whats going on thats why i like this forum and this type of post. A bunch of guys that shoot and know what their talkin about really helps the cause. Just imagine if you guys never shot a h-13 3 1/2 7 and went and bout the ones we are getting this year and shot them. I know with the results I'm getting that I wouldnt be pushing their product like i did. Honesty has alot to do with integrity in my mind. If its not the same dont push it like it is heck the bad loads arent bad they just arent what they were. If its a cost thing make these shells a budget line but keep making the awesome ones. Surely they know what they had it makes no since to change anything. As far as buying in bulk I can afford it but not everyone can and theyve always been easy to find on the web. Things change but just let your costumers know is my point.
CLUCK, YELP, BOOM.

SKFOOTER

Quote from: SR1 on March 18, 2011, 01:03:53 PM
Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 16, 2011, 09:24:55 PM
I bought 3 boxes of the 3.5 inch 2 1/4 ounce #7 loads from from Macks Prarie Wings last month and their lot number is also #300488.  And they will not pattern as good as last year's loads--Lot #300325.   But the 3 boxes of the 3 inch 2 ounce #7's that I also bought from MPW last month had the same lot # as my loads from last year--#200778.  Hevi Shot has definitely changed something in the 2 1/4 ounce shell!!!  But, for them, it's par for the course.  They will never learn!! :help:
Dang I guess I lucked out with the 2 boxes I bought this year the lot is #300325. I havent had a chance to shoot any of them yet so will put my numbers up when I do to compare with everyone else.
Would you mind telling me where you bought those loads with last year's lot number??

ILIKEHEVI-13

Here's what another guy said in another forum about this same stuff we are talking aobut here.

"I opened a couple shells last year becauce I was getting different results when I was patterning. What I found was that some shells contained a differant type buffer. Not sure why they would change but they were different. The shells were from two different boxes but same size, load, and length."