turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just sent this to E M

Started by drum817, March 16, 2011, 09:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drum817

"I heard it roumered on a turkey hunting forum that the 3.5" #7 turkey load was changed from last year. Is this true ? If so....please change it back. The "on target" pellet count has dropped considerably from the 2010 3.5" #7 turkey load. I do not understand why E M would mess with such a good load and I am personally considering switching ammo companies because of year to year changes that seem to be made for no apparent reason"

We will see if I get a response  ::)
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

allchokedup

shootumindaface

Probably 50 of us sent emails a couple years back when the 20 g load changed and we all saw 40-50 pellet count drops.. Some got responses some didn't..

I personally called and was basically called a liar.. I came un corked, I bet they have me screened..

Its also sad to think that if the original load of H 13 Old White, would have been kept and than added 7s to it it would perform with the 2.25 oz load of 7s with only 1 3/4 a shot.. They had the best load in the beginning..

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: drum817 on March 16, 2011, 09:40:04 AM
"I heard it roumered on a turkey hunting forum that the 3.5" #7 turkey load was changed from last year. Is this true ? If so....please change it back. The "on target" pellet count has dropped considerably from the 2010 3.5" #7 turkey load. I do not understand why E M would mess with such a good load and I am personally considering switching ammo companies because of year to year changes that seem to be made for no apparent reason"

I'm with you bro!  If I keep getting some bad loads from the newer shells I won't contine to buy anymore.  I'll switch to the Win Xtended Range #6 loads.  But I think we need to email Winchester and see if we can get them to give us a number 7 load.  Either that or get Federal to give us a 3.5" 2 and 1/4oz #7 load and a 3" 2oz #7 load. 

drum817

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 16, 2011, 09:49:52 AM
Quote from: drum817 on March 16, 2011, 09:40:04 AM

I'm with you bro!  If I keep getting some bad loads from the newer shells I won't contine to buy anymore.  I'll switch to the Win Xtended Range #6 loads.  But I think we need to email Winchester and see if we can get them to give us a number 7 load.  Either that or get Federal to give us a 3.5" 2 and 1/4oz #7 load and a 3" 2oz #7 load. 

I would LOVE to see Winchester do a #7 turkey load....but the heck with federal....they are in love with that hateful flight control wad and that thing is more trouble than it's worth.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

bowhunter84

[/quote]

I would LOVE to see Winchester do a #7 turkey load....but the heck with federal....they are in love with that hateful flight control wad and that thing is more trouble than it's worth.
[/quote]
:agreed:

hookedspur

Quote from: bowhunter84 on March 16, 2011, 10:04:45 AM

[/quote]
:agreed:

[/quote] :agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

doepee

I sure hope they didnt change the load in the heavy 7's , I just bought 5 boxes getting ready to pattern. ???

SKFOOTER

I patterned some of the 3.5" 2 1/4 ounce #7's the other day and the holes in the target looked more like #6's than the #7's from last year.  And the numbers in the 10" circle were down also. 

VAlongbeard84

I just called and talked to EM and the guy I talked to said he was almost sure they hadn't changed powder or anything, but the shot size discrepancy has always been there with them IMO, (he didn't say that, that is my statement about the shot size). If you find a lot number of shells that shoots, buy all you can find. The guy told me the wad, powder, etc. was unchanged from last year because I was concerned the 20 gauge 7's changed too. And I can't afford to be dropping pellet counts with them. He assured me they were the same, but it makes me wonder with some of the results you guys have gotten. I just hope the 20 gauge still puts up between 160-180 for me. Any input on the 20 gauge 7's this year guys??

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 16, 2011, 01:27:17 PM
I patterned some of the 3.5" 2 1/4 ounce #7's the other day and the holes in the target looked more like #6's than the #7's from last year.  And the numbers in the 10" circle were down also. 

Had the same experience just the other day, Its ok Ive played around witha few chokes and I got very consistant patterns from the extended range, Problem solved no more wasting money on the hevi loads.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

shootumindaface

Hahaha I just got banned from the Hevi Shot forum for telling one of their Stupid Pro Staffers that he was wrong and that Hevi Shot chokes had never won a still target shoot.. And posted up the past years winners and all were IC except Clarks wife doris

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 16, 2011, 02:04:56 PM
Hahaha I just got banned from the Hevi Shot forum for telling one of their Stupid Pro Staffers that he was wrong and that Hevi Shot chokes had never won a still target shoot.. And posted up the past years winners and all were IC except Clarks wife doris

Congrats!  :TooFunny:
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Mossy517

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 16, 2011, 02:04:56 PM

The truth hurts.... :z-guntootsmiley:
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties