turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Locator Pot?

Started by Footballer, April 16, 2014, 07:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballer

What's your go-to pot call when your runnin-and-gunnin try to strike up a bird? What surface has worked the best for you in the past?

BigAL64

I don't use a pot to strike a bird. I have a real loud box call for that. It's a Quacker Boy Ole grand master. If they won't gobble at that they just won't gobble.If I was to use a pot it would prob be a alum. or copper pot.
Shoot em in the face

Ctburdchasr

I try to always have a decent group to select from. If I was to be a lot more comfortable with a pot call, the way I was when I first started bird hunting. I was not very versatile in my calling and still almost 10 spring seasons later still prefer pots. If I was to look down there would be a silver fox aluminum or a timeless thunder glass call from al holbert at enticer turkey calls great guy fast shipping quality craftsmanship. If it isn't one of those two it will be either my double glass in a zebra wood pot from lonzo trice or my halloran crystal mistress. Those four calls are the ones I do 95% of my calling with and I finish the birds out with the aluminum or my lonzo trice slate in the birds eye maple pot. I have gotten the most out of the aluminum, but mostly because I've had it in my vest for the longest time.

MikeStaten

Primos used to make a titanium crystal call called the Titan 2000. That's about the loudest pot call I've heard and really reaches out there.   

Abryant7

Hallorans twisted sister if I had to choose a pot. Has a nasty loud back end that really gives off a good bark, but I would first belt out a few yelps with my Halloran box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Abryant7 on April 16, 2014, 09:26:27 PM
Hallorans twisted sister if I had to choose a pot. Has a nasty loud back end that really gives off a good bark, but I would first belt out a few yelps with my Halloran box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twisted Sister has my vote too, thing is ear splitting loud if you really crank on it
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gobblerstopper

I located one twice today in the back of my woods running a corian bronze glass with a dymondwood striker. Don't know how far he was, but you could barely hear him.

REBELYELL

ltprod

Good info
Im gonna go with crystal mistress or twisted sister

WV Ridge Reaper

It's hard to beat a twisted sister in my opinion.

bspurred

This year, the David's Crystal mistress has been strong and getting that response.

jblackburn

Good glass calls have worked for me
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.