turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tagged out in North Central Florida

Started by SwampSniper, April 16, 2014, 03:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampSniper

Just as time was about to run out, I bagged my second Osceola this morning. I got after this bird this past weekend in the bow hunt section of our club but as luck would have it, he came in at a bad angle and busted me before I could get off a shot with my crossbow. Like the rest of you beard chasers and spur hunters, I had to try again. Took off this morning and set up along a power line. I put out a hen decoy and started calling on a new call I picked up from Crawdad, a drymondwood trumpet call, called every 15-20 minutes or so. Right around 8:30, he politely replied to the sweet talk I was giving him and came on in. Shot him at 13 yards. Nice bird, 10 1/4 inch beard, 1 inch spurs. I will say this, I really like having a trumpet call in my vest, a little different sound. I can't say I'm very good with it yet, but good enough this morning. Thanks Crawdad.

Crawdad

Thanks for the plug Greg, that is a great looking turkey my friend, I haven't gotten to hunt yet, but going to Kansas in about another week & a half, hope I'm not to late. Again congrats buddy.

tomstopper

JVA54

boomer

Congrats!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on tagging out!!! :icon_thumright:
Just curious, what kind of broadheads do you shoot with your crossbow?

DirtNap647

JALA Strut

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

beagler

Never Misses

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

SwampSniper

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on April 16, 2014, 05:32:09 PM
Congrats on tagging out!!! :icon_thumright:
Just curious, what kind of broadheads do you shoot with your crossbow?

I'm using Swacker broadheads. I have two hunting buddies that convinced me to switch over to them for my crossbow and bow last deer season. So far, much more effective from the crossbow than the fixed broadheads i had been shooting.

TxLongspur

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase