OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

opening day in Iowa (weather report pic)

Started by 2eagles, April 16, 2014, 06:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

I doubt many hunters had an opening day like we had here in NE Iowa.  I didn't shoot or even see a bird, but I give Thanks, the oncoming car went in the ditch instead of hitting me head-on when he lost control in the snow / slush.   :cross2:

steinea286

Glad to hear everything is ok! Never killed a bird in snow, wouldn't mind it but not preferred!

JALA Strut

Good to hear your OK...Beautiful sunrise!

DirtNap647

jblackburn

yikes! Glad everyone is ok.

Looks like a rutting buck should be coming in, not a strutting tom!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

ElkTurkMan

Glad your ok.  I used to hunt that first Iowa season pretty regular.  I hunted in Alamakee County Iowaand It sure is pretty country.  The weather is always the big question on that first season for sure.

RutnNStrutn

stinkpickle

Yeah, the cold and snow was OK, but the wind was nasty.  I can do without that. 

COssman14

Glad to hear you are OK! I will be heading out for 2nd season Friday in NE Iowa as well.
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

captpete

Yep, the weather sucked!!! :'( :'(    28*, 1"-2" of fresh snow and 25-35mph winds  :TrainWreck1:  We actually followed a plow truck for a couple of miles that morning.  :z-dizzy: :z-dizzy:

My buddy did kill a nice Gobbler about 1 hr after shooting time that morning.  The bird gobbled all the way in. Didn't see another bird the rest of the day. Heard a few gobbles later in the afternoon, but they were a long ways off on somebody else's property and upwind from us.