OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SBE 2

Started by Abryant7, April 15, 2014, 11:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abryant7

Nice pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixbird

I have one that my Dad gave me as a gift. I love that gun because of it's light weight and thin fore end. It points very well and, for mine at least, it was dead on poa/poi. The thing I don't like about it is that it's finicky as to what ammo it likes (I have the 24" bbl.which they say is that way). Once you find the right combo it patterns great, but whew, did I have to go through chokes and ammo! I had the forcing cone lengthened and polished and, as of right now, the patterns went south. I'm working with the guy who did the work to bring it back around (he's being accommodating) but, like I say...Finicky!

learn2hide

IMO sx3 is best value on the market right now at 1079 but I have an sBEII and I do like it...hunt exclusively doves and waterfowl with it as I have an X2 turkey gun but the SBE performs very well in the blind and I hunt in all conditions and put a couple cases through it each season.  I have had customer service interactions with Benelli and have been pleased they sent me a lost part on two occasions...no charge and no questions asked. Good luck with your decision.
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

shotgun_oly

Bought a sbe2 quite a few years ago and I love it. A few years later bought a Winchester sx3 and I love it also. But to be honest, if I had to do it all over again I'd probably just save the cash & buy the x3, every bit as good of a gun at a better price  :z-twocents:

Abryant7

Great info!! I will let you know what i decide on.

Don't hunt the gobblers, make the gobblers hunt you!